Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

It should be noted that Fultz hasn't provided us ANYTHING yet, except a glimmer of Hope.

Neither has the top 20 protected 2020 pick

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

The top 20 protected 2020 pick also doesn't put us in a dilemma were we need to decide if we pick up Fultz's option. 

It's not much of a dilemma. We have to pick up his year before this season starts. We're going to pick it up. Worst case scenario he becomes an expiring contract we need to dump next summer. 

3 hours ago, Years of Tragic and Magic said:

It should be noted that Fultz hasn't provided us ANYTHING yet, except a glimmer of Hope.  I'm rooting for him to make a full recovery from his physical/mental ailments and for him to reach his full potential. 

With our Luck, I can also see the Magic picking up his option and being stuck with a broken player for another 2 years. 

I mean, our backup point guards consisted of Grant, Briscoe and MCW, all of which Fultz has outplayed by a long shot with a broken shot. While you obviously want the Fultz that was a top draft prospect, I wouldn’t call it being stuck with him when it’s a legitimate upgrade for our rotation.

2 hours ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

I mean, our backup point guards consisted of Grant, Briscoe and MCW, all of which Fultz has outplayed by a long shot with a broken shot. While you obviously want the Fultz that was a top draft prospect, I wouldn’t call it being stuck with him when it’s a legitimate upgrade for our rotation.

Agree 100%

This happened a few days ago. 

I dont know guys but this could be a steal at 16. I see more of Porzingis in his game. Looks healthy. 

26 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

This happened a few days ago. 

I dont know guys but this could be a steal at 16. I see more of Porzingis in his game. Looks healthy. 

1 minute ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Who will be better Bol Bol or Bamba?

Bamba. 

Bol is the worst defensive center I've ever seen, weighs 20 pounds lighter than Bamba weighed at the combine, and had a navicular bone injury in his foot which is the death knell injury for big men. He also has (reportedly) the foot size of a 6'2 guy and extremely high hips so his center of gravity is going to be high with no base so you can't add a lot of weight on him. 

So basically Bol is going to be a perpetually undersized center who can't defend on the perimeter and while he's been given the physical gifts to be a good shot blocker he just lacks the instincts or motor to reach his potential there. 

For decades every 7'0 guy was pushed to play basketball. So for such a long time a significant portion of that population looked like an NBA player but had the skills of today's 8th graders and you had to develop them for years and two thirds turned into nothing. 

The fallout from that is every big man who can dribble and shoot looks like the second coming of Christ. 

Bol looks great in empty gym settings but it's very likely he is the fusion between Thon Maker and Greg Oden. 

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You are missing the point. This is a 19 year old kid who is still developing. He have skills. 

I can get some videos like that of almost everyone; Including lebron and Harden. Im sure you have seen those. That doesn't mean much. 

We saw Bamba struggling in the defensive end last year as well. 

At this young in age it is not fair to judge this very tall kids. They are still developing. 

At 16. He is not a bad pick.  

Not my choice but I will not be upset if we select him either. 

My options are Little, Clarke and NAW over him. But I will understand the reasoning if the go with him instead.

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

You are missing the point. This is a 19 year old kid who is still developing. He have skills. 

I can get some videos like that of almost everyone; Including lebron and Harden. Im sure you have seen those. That doesn't mean much. 

We saw Bamba struggling in the defensive end last year as well. 

At this young in age it is not fair to judge this very tall kids. They are still developing. 

At 16. He is not a bad pick.  

Not my choice but I will not be upset if we select him either. 

My options are Little, Clarke and NAW over him. But I will understand the reasoning if the go with him instead.

He played in 9 games. All of those clips were from 9 games. Not 82. He played like 350 possessions of defense. 

Every single time a skilled big man gets into a gym with no defense people lose their mind. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba. 

Bol is the worst defensive center I've ever seen, weighs 20 pounds lighter than Bamba weighed at the combine, and had a navicular bone injury in his foot which is the death knell injury for big men. He also has (reportedly) the foot size of a 6'2 guy and extremely high hips so his center of gravity is going to be high with no base so you can't add a lot of weight on him. 

So basically Bol is going to be a perpetually undersized center who can't defend on the perimeter and while he's been given the physical gifts to be a good shot blocker he just lacks the instincts or motor to reach his potential there. 

For decades every 7'0 guy was pushed to play basketball. So for such a long time a significant portion of that population looked like an NBA player but had the skills of today's 8th graders and you had to develop them for years and two thirds turned into nothing. 

The fallout from that is every big man who can dribble and shoot looks like the second coming of Christ. 

Bol looks great in empty gym settings but it's very likely he is the fusion between Thon Maker and Greg Oden. 

Thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2