Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

11 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Can Herro create his own shot in the playoffs? How is he with the mid-range stuff?

He is pretty good shooter. He has potential. I am not sure how his game will translate into the NBA but the same goes to the rest of the rookies. I think he is a high IQ player who can develop into a very good all around player. He can shoot and is a decent defender. High reward, low risk guy. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think Fournier will not be that difficult to trade. Likely in the offseason. I see us getting  2 second rounders. 

I will not be surprised either if we have to use DJ to trade Fournier or Mozgov away. That is a big possibility and I will be ok with it. 

We can go with Fultz and Briscoe at the point with a rookie with excellent shooting as our 3rd string. I will go hard after Klay( extremely unlikely to get him) but I will offer him max money first day of free agency to make a statement.  Since there is less than 5% chance of getting him, I will then go after Danny Green or Justin Holiday for the starting SG position and Resing Ross.  

DO NOT SIGN VOOCH.  Resign Birch or get Oquinn, Dedmond or Robin Lopez on a good deal as our  back up center. 

WE need to draft a  good potential offensive player SG/SF. A shooter. Not easy but doable at our position.  Give me Herro with our first round and Jontay Porter( if available) or Konate with a our second round. 

We need to work with Isaac in the offensive end. He needs to be more aggressive. He can easely improve his offensive skills. 

Your solution to fixing our fournier problem is to draft a shooting guard that is too slow laterally to defend quicker guards and too small to defend bigger ones. 

Your solution to fixing our vucevic problem is to draft a center who has value as a passer and shooter but can't protect the rim, struggled to defend in space on the perimeter, and can't defend more athletic centers. 

This would be a terrible draft philosophy. 

• Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Your solution to fixing our fournier problem is to draft a shooting guard that is too slow laterally to defend quicker guards and too small to defend bigger ones. 

Your solution to fixing our vucevic problem is to draft a center who has value as a passer and shooter but can't protect the rim, struggled to defend in space on the perimeter, and can't defend more athletic centers. 

I wonder if this message board accommodates signatures at the bottom of our posts. It would be nice because it's really hard to keep up with who everyone wants in the draft. We could put them there, so I can just see and don't have to ask who everyone likes all the time. LOL!

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nop. That is your own interpretation from my post. I am not looking from solutions by exchanging Fournier and Vooch with another player.  No my friend. Our improvement will come by omission. 

I suggest you go and  re- read my post and stop making assumptions to get a point that doesn’t make sense to glorify a post.

I clearly stated I will want Klay(unlikely) or most likely a player like Danny Green or justin Holiday in exchange from Fournier as a starter. If we can trade Fournier. 

I stated that I like Herro with our 16 pick. Not to replace or fix  our Fournier problem. Where did I said that!? Can you please guide me? You are the one making that assumption, again likely for sympathy? 

Never, ever mention anything about Vooch other than not signing him. Are you against that now? Bamba is the guy who replace Vooch with Birch and likely a guy like Oquinn as a 3rd string. Am I missing something? Where did I said otherwise. 

Our improvement will likely come by  not playing those two again. Or  you all of the sudden a big fan of resigning Vooch and keep Fournier. I think you are overvaluing their skills by undervaluing others.  

Not of our draft picks will replace anyone. They just be(hoping for) just rotational players.

good try.

59 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Nop. That is your own interpretation from my post. I am not looking from solutions by exchanging Fournier and Vooch with another player.  No my friend. Our improvement will come by omission. 

I suggest you go and  re- read my post and stop making assumptions to get a point that doesn’t make sense to glorify a post.

I clearly stated I will want Klay(unlikely) or most likely a player like Danny Green or justin Holiday in exchange from Fournier as a starter. If we can trade Fournier. 

I stated that I like Herro with our 16 pick. Not to replace or fix  our Fournier problem. Where did I said that!? Can you please guide me? You are the one making that assumption, again likely for sympathy? 

Never, ever mention anything about Vooch other than not signing him. Are you against that now? Bamba is the guy who replace Vooch with Birch and likely a guy like Oquinn as a 3rd string. Am I missing something? Where did I said otherwise. 

Our improvement will likely come by  not playing those two again. Or  you all of the sudden a big fan of resigning Vooch and keep Fournier. I think you are overvaluing their skills by undervaluing others.  

Not of our draft picks will replace anyone. They just be(hoping for) just rotational players.

good try.

It doesn't make sense to draft players that don't fit our general philosophy. We'll need them to play eventually. 

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It doesn't make sense to draft players that don't fit our general philosophy. We'll need them to play eventually. 

Can you elaborate on our philosophy? 

I mean, we need offense. We need shooters and we currently have none.

Like you said, they need to play eventually. Can’t keep drafting SF/PF because they are long and tall and likely good defenders. 

15 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Can you elaborate on our philosophy? 

I mean, we need offense. We need shooters and we currently have none.

Like you said, they need to play eventually. Can’t keep drafting SF/PF because they are long and tall and likely good defenders. 

There are guards in this draft who can shoot and still don’t compromise the “length, defense and athleticism” mold we’re looking for.

6 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'd really like to name Neikel Alexander Walk as a great fit of philosophy/BPA/Need

Porter Jr., NAW and Matisse Thybulle are my top 3 right now, and probably in that order. All three have the combination of length, athleticism, defense, shooting to varying degrees 

5 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

There are guards in this draft who can shoot and still don’t compromise the “length, defense and athleticism” mold we’re looking for.

Who 

12 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'd really like to name Neikel Alexander Walk as a great fit of philosophy/BPA/Need

I like him. But I don't think he will be available at 16.  Langford and Herro might be.