Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Between the 2 I'd over pay TRoss. He turned a lot of games for us. 

Behind Vuc we have Birch and Bamba.

Behind TRoss we have nobody that can do what he does so well.

Agreed. Ross can hit shots that the regular vet min shooting guard can’t.

I’d let go of Vuc and Fournier before Ross

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. Ross can hit shots that the regular vet min shooting guard can’t.

I’d let go of Vuc and Fournier before Ross

When I think of our core going forward, I am not thinking of Vooch or Fournier. Nice guys and all, and I am glad they are here, but to me (and I could be wrong) they are not the future, so I don't want to over pay. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matthi32 said:

I stilI think we should trade the pick with Fournier to get a go-to-scorer. Maybe Washington would listen to a offer for Beal or the Bulls for LaVine.

We also shouldn‘t overpay for Vuc. If he wants more than 15mil we should sign another free agent (Brook Lopez, Valanciunas, Kanter, McGee, Robin Lopez, Ed Davis...) There are enough options available.

Same with Ross. I would hate to lose him. But if the price is more than 12mil we should pass. With Redick, Danny Green, Hood, Lamb... there are also some other options available.

I think it would take a lot more than Fournier and the 16 pick to get Beal (also, those salary numbers don't match up). Sorry, but I am a hard pass on LaVine - another empty stat guy, he's another 3rd-4th option guy on a good team trying to be a 1st option.

Also, just because we are over the salary cap - if we don't re-sign Vuc and/or TRoss, that doesn't mean that we have their existing salary slot to fill it with someone else. We can only exceed the salary cap to re-sign our existing players, not to sign new ones. If one or both walks away, then we could be down to either the MLE, or possibly down to existing cap space, depending on when in the signing period they leave. With the MLE being approximately $9.3M this year that's not much to try to fill those slots with comparable replacements.

I think we definitely need to re-sign TRoss - he is far better than any replacement player we could get for the MLE or less, and we don't have a replacement for him in the pipeline.

We already have Bamba (and Isaac) on our team, and should be able to re-sign Birch at a reasonable price. If we need to get a more reasonably priced vet to "fill in" until Bamba is ready to start, there are probably going to be a few available (Dedmon, Ed Davis, Robin Lopez, Kyle O'Quinn, Tyson Chandler, Brook Lopez,  Jason Smith, etc). For that matter, Marreese Speights is playing overseas this year, but would probably jump at a chance to come back. 

Give me a healthy and in full force

Fultz, AG,Isaac and Bamba.  I dont realu  care about the rest. We can supplement them with DJ, Ross, Iwundu and our two picks. 

Fultz, AG,Isaac and Bamba.  I dont realu  care about the rest. We can supplement them with DJ, Ross, Iwundu and our two picks. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

We're probably getting too off track for this thread

You think? Jajaja. Yea. Let get back on track. At least I mentioned the picks

On 4/19/2019 at 4:54 AM, matthi32 said:

I stilI think we should trade the pick with Fournier to get a go-to-scorer. Maybe Washington would listen to a offer for Beal or the Bulls for LaVine.

We also shouldn‘t overpay for Vuc. If he wants more than 15mil we should sign another free agent (Brook Lopez, Valanciunas, Kanter, McGee, Robin Lopez, Ed Davis...) There are enough options available.

Same with Ross. I would hate to lose him. But if the price is more than 12mil we should pass. With Redick, Danny Green, Hood, Lamb... there are also some other options available.

I don’t think theres any way the 16th pick and Fournier gets us a go to scorer. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, magicdoc1 said:

That's really what I want to see.

I'm find with DJ and Ross coming back. Fultz, AG, Isaac, and Bamba are the future of this squad. I want to see them next year starting to play together.

19 hours ago, King Close said:

I don’t think theres any way the 16th pick and Fournier gets us a go to scorer. 

I think Fournier will not be that difficult to trade. Likely in the offseason. I see us getting  2 second rounders. 

I will not be surprised either if we have to use DJ to trade Fournier or Mozgov away. That is a big possibility and I will be ok with it. 

We can go with Fultz and Briscoe at the point with a rookie with excellent shooting as our 3rd string. I will go hard after Klay( extremely unlikely to get him) but I will offer him max money first day of free agency to make a statement.  Since there is less than 5% chance of getting him, I will then go after Danny Green or Justin Holiday for the starting SG position and Resing Ross.  

DO NOT SIGN VOOCH.  Resign Birch or get Oquinn, Dedmond or Robin Lopez on a good deal as our  back up center. 

WE need to draft a  good potential offensive player SG/SF. A shooter. Not easy but doable at our position.  Give me Herro with our first round and Jontay Porter( if available) or Konate with a our second round. 

We need to work with Isaac in the offensive end. He needs to be more aggressive. He can easely improve his offensive skills. 

40 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think Fournier will not be that difficult to trade. Likely in the offseason. I see us getting  2 second rounders. 

I will not be surprised either if we have to use DJ to trade Fournier or Mozgov away. That is a big possibility and I will be ok with it. 

We can go with Fultz and Briscoe at the point with a rookie with excellent shooting as our 3rd string. I will go hard after Klay( extremely unlikely to get him) but I will offer him max money first day of free agency to make a statement.  Since there is less than 5% chance of getting him, I will then go after Danny Green or Justin Holiday for the starting SG position and Resing Ross.  

DO NOT SIGN VOOCH.  Resign Birch or get Oquinn, Dedmond or Robin Lopez on a good deal as our  back up center. 

WE need to draft a  good potential offensive player SG/SF. A shooter. Not easy but doable at our position.  Give me Herro with our first round and Jontay Porter( if available) or Konate with a our second round. 

We need to work with Isaac in the offensive end. He needs to be more aggressive. He can easely improve his offensive skills. 

Can Herro create his own shot in the playoffs? How is he with the mid-range stuff?