Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

We are getting a good rotation player with our first round pick. I like Thybulle but we might be able to get a Porter, little , Keldon Johnson or Herro in our current position. 

One thing for sure is that I want Sagaba Konate with our second round. He will be a beast!! Although not as talented but Similar body contour and athletism as Zion. Great defender. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

We are getting a good rotation player with our first round pick. I like Thybulle but we might be able to get a Porter, little , Keldon Johnson or Herro in our current position. 

One thing for sure is that I want Sagaba Konate with our second round. He will be a beast!! Although not as talented but Similar body contour and athletism as Zion. Great defender. 

Why do you like Thybulle over the others?

1 hour ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

There ya go! I like that kind of thinking! 

How would ya'll categorize the talent depth in this years draft? Are we hating it at 16, or could we get someone who could actually contribute? Also, how easy would it be to move up to where we could snag a guy like White? If we could do it, should we?

It’s a pretty weak draft according to most. Not a lot of talent even in the lottery outside of Zion/Morant/Barrett. That’s what most the experts are saying. 

3 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

There ya go! I like that kind of thinking! 

How would ya'll categorize the talent depth in this years draft? Are we hating it at 16, or could we get someone who could actually contribute? Also, how easy would it be to move up to where we could snag a guy like White? If we could do it, should we?

The problem with this draft is you have guys from about 9th to 30th in about the same tier. So it's deep in a sense but not with super talented players that will play immediately. 

So it's good for us at 16 because we made the playoffs and won't get a player dramatically different than we would have at 12. But it's not like there are definite starters to choose from. 

3 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Why do you like Thybulle over the others?

Defense! Incredible defender. He is long and athletic. He can work on his shooting. Promising young talent. 

23 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Tankathon has us taking Alexander-Walker. I’m reading he’s a combo guard. Would he be the eventual successor to Fournier? 

I don't think there's a definite successor to Fournier in this draft where we're picking.

He's a smart player who can shoot, defend, dribble, and pass. So he should be a high floor backup who might develop into something more in time. 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

I don't think there's a definite successor to Fournier in this draft where we're picking.

He's a smart player who can shoot, defend, dribble, and pass. So he should be a high floor backup who might develop into something more in time. 

So a Ross replacement or Fultz insurance policy? 

11 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

So a Ross replacement or Fultz insurance policy? 

Neither. Just quality depth. A better catch and shoot Austin Rivers. 

Edit: or Langston Galloway. 

Edit again: or Garrett Temple

1 hour ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Tankathon has us taking Alexander-Walker. I’m reading he’s a combo guard. Would he be the eventual successor to Fournier? 

I dont think the Fournier successor will come via Draft. Fournier will likely stay in that role until contract is completed or traded for his eventual successor. 

When contract is completed we can us that money to hire a valuable starting caliber SG in free agency.  

Our pick should be for someone we can develop or use as a rotational player like Iwundu is at the moment.