Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

So we're officially 17th unless we advance to the 2nd round.

Guys in that range: Tyler Herro, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Romeo Langford, Keldon Johnson, Talen Horton Tucker.

THT is probably the most WeltHam pick but also might be the best in terms of asset development and how the team is currently constructed. 6'4, 240 lbs with a huge wingspan and not a great shooter but is the youngest guy in the draft (turns 19 in November) and is really good off-the-dribble. Won't be good for a couple of years so he can play behind Fournier, Iwundu, and Ross if he comes back.

I have actually brought up his name several times previously, as I think THT is definitely an interesting prospect. I'm intrigued by his ability to play all three back-court/wing positions, and even some small-ball PF; the fact that he has a massive wing-span, and is only 18 (19 in Nov), so may have a high ceiling compared to where he is at now. On the other hand, his 3P% and his FT% both worry me, as neither is very good right now. I think this summer will really give us a lot more insight into the long-term plans and mindset of the WeltHam front office. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We already have a stable full of long athletic guys that are learning to shoot. I'm hoping we can break the mold and draft someone that can shoot the round ball in the hole with the net on it already. If we happen to lose TRoss and/or Vuc we are going to need scoring.

This kind of thought process hasn't worked out well in the draft lately. 

We have an identity that is making our guys play above their talent level. It doesn't make sense to abandon that just because of a perceived need especially when we have a track record of developing that skill and creating valuable two way players. 

I think we end up drafting Tucker. He's the youngest American player in the draft, plays defense, and can pass, dribble, make smart decisions with the ball. He's got a ton of baby fat and is someone you can mold into a great player after a year in a professional development program. 

38 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

Something a narcissist would say. Or a forum board Nazi.

You can't go the whole year saying "Fournier is one of the biggest problems on this team. When he's not making shots he really hurts us because he's not good enough defensively to match up with quicker guards" 

And simultaneously say "you know what I want us to draft? A shooting guard who is a streaky shooter (but good when he's on) but his biggest weaknesses is he can't defend quicker more athletic guards". 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

I have just watched youtube highlights, but THT is definitely growing on me. :-)

Watch Nickeil Alexander Walker next. And Matisse thybulle. 

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Eh.. debatable

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Logical consistency. 

I was just been sarcastic here.