Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I am massively enamored with Deandre Hunter ... Doubt we get him.. if we did then wow.

Yeah back in January when  it looked like we would be a mid lottery pick i really wanted him.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

But really we're talking too much about Porter. He's just one high upside guy on the list. 

My main point is you @fan for too long 2 are one of the guys that hates Fournier. 

You see the issues we have with fournier as a starting shooting guard. 

So why do you gravitate to players who would end up being Fournier as a best case scenario?

So you do call out posters for their opinions yet yours are infinitely wise and untouchable. 

Good to know. 

• Upvote 1

So we're officially 17th unless we advance to the 2nd round.

Guys in that range: Tyler Herro, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Romeo Langford, Keldon Johnson, Talen Horton Tucker.

THT is probably the most WeltHam pick but also might be the best in terms of asset development and how the team is currently constructed. 6'4, 240 lbs with a huge wingspan and not a great shooter but is the youngest guy in the draft (turns 19 in November) and is really good off-the-dribble. Won't be good for a couple of years so he can play behind Fournier, Iwundu, and Ross if he comes back.

On 4/5/2019 at 8:37 PM, fan for too long 2 said:

So you do call out posters for their opinions yet yours are infinitely wise and untouchable. 

Good to know. 

Logical consistency. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Guys in that range: Tyler Herro, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Romeo Langford, Keldon Johnson, Talen Horton Tucker.

THT is probably the most WeltHam pick but also might be the best in terms of asset development and how the team is currently constructed. 6'4, 240 lbs with a huge wingspan and not a great shooter but is the youngest guy in the draft (turns 19 in November) and is really good off-the-dribble. Won't be good for a couple of years so he can play behind Fournier, Iwundu, and Ross if he comes back.

I like Brandon Clarke a lot at our spot

On 3/28/2019 at 3:48 PM, ChuckTaylor626 said:

It will be interesting to see how Weltman and Hammond handle the draft and off-season this year. I feel we have come a very long way ( a good bit of thanks goes to Clifford) and a good move on their part could put us over the edge; however, a bad mistake could hamper our growth and keep us in the mediocrity hell hole we have been in since Dwight left. 

Someone actually gave me a down vote for this? LOL! Holy cow. I was just thinking about the draft and hoping we can build on a nice young team that we have. 

5 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

We already have a stable full of long athletic guys that are learning to shoot. I'm hoping we can break the mold and draft someone that can shoot the round ball in the hole with the net on it already. If we happen to lose TRoss and/or Vuc we are going to need scoring.

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We already have a stable full of long athletic guys that are learning to shoot. I'm hoping we can break the mold and draft someone that can shoot the round ball in the hole with the net on it already. If we happen to lose TRoss and/or Vuc we are going to need scoring.

You ok with Herro, or did you have another guy in mind?

On 4/5/2019 at 2:14 PM, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but my whole thought process with our pick is ceiling. 

If all we want is a backup shooting guard who can shoot we can just sign Troy Daniels or Danuel House or Marco Belinelli or Seth Curry this summer and get a player that's more ready to contribute immediately. 

If we have the opportunity to draft Fournier's replacement, even if he's a few years away and has high bust potential, at 15 we should do it (and go into that relationship with open eyes that he might not make it to his team option years)

I didn't say I wouldn't draft Kevin Porter, I just would really press him in the interview and get a good idea of who he is and why he made the decisions he did. If he can answer those questions to WeltHam''s satisfaction, then it is almost a no-brainer from a talent standpoint. I think how he interviews, with us and whoever else brings him in, will end up being a critical factor in whether he is a lottery pick, or if he falls; and if he falls, how far.