Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

23 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Garland Edwards Howard Herro. In that order. I want shooters. And porter jr. Is not!  52% ft shooter is NOT a shooter. 

41% from 3

Multiple step backs and pullups. 

I disagree with your assessment

13 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

41% from 3

I don't argue he has talent, but there have been a few red flags about him; I might bring him in to work out, but there would be some serious interview questions and a good deep dive into figuring out who he is as a person before I considered drafting him. The right mentality and attitude can go a long way to making a success or a bust in the league, and his college career was not an auspicious beginning. 

4 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I don't argue he has talent, but there have been a few red flags about him; I might bring him in to work out, but there would be some serious interview questions and a good deep dive into figuring out who he is as a person before I considered drafting him. The right mentality and attitude can go a long way to making a success or a bust in the league, and his college career was not an auspicious beginning. 

Yeah but my whole thought process with our pick is ceiling. 

If all we want is a backup shooting guard who can shoot we can just sign Troy Daniels or Danuel House or Marco Belinelli or Seth Curry this summer and get a player that's more ready to contribute immediately. 

If we have the opportunity to draft Fournier's replacement, even if he's a few years away and has high bust potential, at 15 we should do it (and go into that relationship with open eyes that he might not make it to his team option years)

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

41% from 3

I agree with my assessment. Definitely after watching that video. That shot is ugly as ****. Very Lonzo ballish. His release is from the wrong side of his head. 

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

If the Nets get KD or Butler do yall think they'd consider trading Levert for our 1st rounder?

Good idea. I haven't seen Lervert play, but from the little bit I have read he is either a hidden gem, or isn't fitting in after his injury. However, he is described as a high energy guy, and I always like that. Not sure what the Nets will do, but I think we need to consider all options. IMO, draft picks are resources and all that matters is if we can make our team better. We are young enough, so trading our pick, might be the right thing to do. Although, I am not sure if Lervert should be the guy or not. 

If we do keep our draft pick, providing he is not injury prone, I still like Bol Bol as an option in the mid round. My reasoning is that Vooch may not end up returning next year and we could use the help at center. Bol Bol can defend and shoot. The big question is, can he stay healthy? If not, we need to pass and go with someone else who can play. You can't help the club in the tub.

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I agree with my assessment. Definitely after watching that video. That shot is ugly as ****. Very Lonzo ballish. His release is from the wrong side of his head. 

No he's just a lefty and shoots in line with his left hip. 

guard-kevin-porter-jr-shoots-a-three-poi

His form is still fine. It's nowhere near Lonzo. 

Show one from the same angle as lonzo’s last pic. If you can. But in that first pic look at the angel of his shoulders and hips. They are turned at an extreme angle. I know of no great shooters who turn like that. 

Also what good shooters shoot 52 percent from the free throw line? Name one. 

51 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Show one from the same angle as lonzo’s last pic. If you can. But in that first pic look at the angel of his shoulders and hips. They are turned at an extreme angle. I know of no great shooters who turn like that. 

Also what good shooters shoot 52 percent from the free throw line? Name one. 

That's a shooting style I see with a lot of Euros. And McGrady, Carter, and Kobe have a similar but different sway. 

Avery Bradley

I think his free throw shooting is a sample size issue more than anything. His usage was so weird this year that he only had 46 free throw attempts. So the majority of his season was 0 free throw attempts, 0 for 1 games, or 1 for 2 games. 

So with such a low number it feels like it's more of a freshmen sloppiness thing vs a major issue. Oladipo was the same way. And the difference between Porter and a normal bad 60% ft% was 4 missed free throws. 4 free throws send like a trivial thing to base an opinion of a guy off of

But really we're talking too much about Porter. He's just one high upside guy on the list. 

My main point is you @fan for too long 2 are one of the guys that hates Fournier. 

You see the issues we have with fournier as a starting shooting guard. 

So why do you gravitate to players who would end up being Fournier as a best case scenario?