Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

I don’t see any reason we can’t resign Vooch for a couple years assuming it’s fair while Bamba matures. I believe it gives us our best chance short term while grooming Bamba for long term. Make Bamba take his job. Bigs tend to have more injuries and do better on less minutes due to pounding on big body, so I think he’ll get minutes. It gives us a couple different looks and by the time Bamba’s ready to get paid Vooch signs a back up contract if he stays at all. Let’s see if our fo agrees. 

2 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I don’t see any reason we can’t resign Vooch for a couple years assuming it’s fair while Bamba matures. I believe it gives us our best chance short term while grooming Bamba for long term. Make Bamba take his job. Bigs tend to have more injuries and do better on less minutes due to pounding on big body, so I think he’ll get minutes. It gives us a couple different looks and by the time Bamba’s ready to get paid Vooch signs a back up contract if he stays at all. Let’s see if our fo agrees. 

Will he settle for 3 yrs/$54M on a descending deal? Not sure I'd go much higher

I just hope that we don't bid against ourselves. I don't really think there is that much of a market for Vuc; and I'm not sure how that will play out. I just don't see a whole lot of slow-down, half-court, play through a "finesse" center basketball any more. Vuc is kind of a left-over from the last era of basketball. 

Will he be insulted if he doesn't get a big contract, stays with us, and his play suffer? Will someone make him a big offer and we lose him for nothing? I don't like either of those options, though the second is better than the first.  Will he take a smaller/shorter contract with someone else to try and prove the league was wrong not to offer more? Not keen on this option, either. 

Will he take a smaller/shorter contract with us and play to prove the league wrong? I do like this option. This seems like the only positive outcome, and hopefully WeltHam can sell this option to him.  

Just now, Jason Funderburker said:

Not to derail the Vuc talk with some draft talk, but

I know it isn’t a position of need and we have a bunch of bodies at the position, but I would love to keep Tacko in Orlando 

I think we could sign him straight to the Lakeland Magic - I don't think he is NBA-ready yet, and may never be. I doubt he will get drafted at all. 

1 minute ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Not to derail the Vuc talk with some draft talk, but

I know it isn’t a position of need and we have a bunch of bodies at the position, but I would love to keep Tacko in Orlando 

If he goes undrafted, why not? Send him to Lakeland. Have him as a situational end of the bench guy.

So, now with MCW on his second 10-day we have two questions to look at:

1) Do we waive someone (Grant) and sign MCW to a full contract?

2) Does this change what we are looking for in the draft. With Fultz and MCW on board, do we now look for more of a wing? A 3 and D type of player?

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

So, now with MCW on his second 10-day we have two questions to look at:

1) Do we waive someone (Grant) and sign MCW to a full contract?

2) Does this change what we are looking for in the draft. With Fultz and MCW on board, do we now look for more of a wing? A 3 and D type of player?

I think it really depends on how he plays for the rest of the year as far as the draft. I still would like to get a 2 guard. 

How deep would you all say the draft is this year?

Considering where we probably will be picking how do you feel our chances are in getting someone who can contribute fairly quickly?

If the chances are pretty low, should we consider trading the pick for a player further along in his development?