Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

On 2/24/2019 at 1:56 PM, Jason Funderburker said:

Assuming we either make the playoffs or do t win the lottery, I would be amenable to trading up and grabbing Culver

and what asset would u trade to move up? i don't think this is a draft to trade up in. I reckon its a crapshoot from 4 -18. Culver top 5 might not be as good as say White, Nickel-Alexander and PorterJnr in the 15-20 range. Im pretty keen to take a swing on Porter or that french dude in our spot if we make playoffs. Doubt Garland will fall to us now. Shame. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Honestly I might just see if we can trade back and do something like 15 and 46 for 24, 33, 34. 

Yeah that might be he smart thing. Wouldn’t the year after might be the 18 year old draft? 

On 2/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, harley said:

and what asset would u trade to move up? i don't think this is a draft to trade up in. I reckon its a crapshoot from 4 -18. Culver top 5 might not be as good as say White, Nickel-Alexander and PorterJnr in the 15-20 range. Im pretty keen to take a swing on Porter or that french dude in our spot if we make playoffs. Doubt Garland will fall to us now. Shame. 

I don’t know what we would trade away. However

I would say most drafts are a crapshoot in a similar range as you described. It is possible those guys you listed end up better than those taken ahead but as a general rule I would rather have a shot at the guy consensus rated higher. God forbid moving back even farther, which is a fool’s game.

The way I see it if we are pushing for the playoffs this season, in subsequent seasons we will likely land higher in he standings and thus higher in the draft. Working under the assumption that Fultz works out long-term, we have one major hole at wing and this will likely be our last real chance to add a viable starter there in the draft.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, harley said:

17 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I don’t know what we would trade away. However

I would say most drafts are a crapshoot in a similar range as you described. It is possible those guys you listed end up better than those taken ahead but as a general rule I would rather have a shot at the guy consensus rated higher. God forbid moving back even farther, which is a fool’s game.

The way I see it if we are pushing for the playoffs this season, in subsequent seasons we will likely land higher in he standings and thus higher in the draft. Working under the assumption that Fultz works out long-term, we have one major hole at wing and this will likely be our last real chance to add a viable starter there in the draft.

If we don't make the playoffs, then I am talking to trader Danny in Boston about trading that 10-12 pick for their two later first round picks, Clippers/Boston, currently around 18 & 24, or maybe to San Antonio about theirs and the Raptors (19 & 28).  I think Boston might be amenable to a deal, if they are re-signing their guys, they may not have room for 3 more guaranteed contracts. 

I must confess, I am more than a little intrigued with Talen Horton-Tucker - a 6'4", 239lb guy who is primarily a 2/3, but can play some backup pg, and has the muscle/drive to play some small ball PF. Plus, I've heard he has a 7'0" wingspan; so he may be a WeHam kind of guy. 

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

What’s our thoughts on Kevin Porter Jr? 

I like him. I really like the idea of targeting a shooting guard in this draft. But I like the idea of Wes Iwundu developing into that solid starting 3 and d 2 guard even better. If so, then Porter Jr. Would be a great backup 2 guard. I've heard him compared to Jamal Crawford which is a great thing to have. I also hope we retain Ross this off season. I have him and Nassir Little around the same in terms of who I'd like to get in this draft