Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I know everyone hates Evan but before last year dude was serviceable at worst. If he can get back to that (shot maker and gives good defensive effort) we are fine at SG. This is especially true with Vuch gone and the possibility of Fultz coming back. 

To get rid of Evan for the sake of him being gone is short sighted. He's not terrible. 

My beef isnt Evan himself, it's his contract.

If he had a lesser contract, he could be a good role player off the bench.

At $17 mill, he basically has to start, and prevents us from getting an improvement 

Hawks are getting nothing but love but man I just don’t see it. Hunter is meh and Reddish might be Wes Johnson.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Hawks are getting nothing but love but man I just don’t see it. Hunter is meh and Reddish might be Wes Johnson.

Yeah I don’t like their draft at all. Bravo to Nola though would be great to see them beat the lakers in their first match up against each other 

8 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

My beef isnt Evan himself, it's his contract.

If he had a lesser contract, he could be a good role player off the bench.

At $17 mill, he basically has to start, and prevents us from getting an improvement 

No he wouldn't. He is what he is regardless of starting status. 

He's not preventing us from doing anything. If we wanted to dump him there will be a ton of opportunities over the next two weeks. 

It's not a fournier issue it's a league issue and a roster construction issue.

He's currently our best clutch initiator. (Not a good thing)

There's not a huge market of those guys available. 

The guys that are available are either great (Jimmy Butler) and not likely to come here or similarly flawed as Fournier (bogdanovic) and not worth overpaying because it's better to be stuck with fournier in the short term than be stuck with a marginally better player for the long term and kill your ability to land a great player later. 

If we had a time machine and could jump into the future to know if Fultz is good we could dump Fournier for a lesser skilled but better fit player today and not have any issue. 

But until our uncertain situation becomes certain we can't afford to lose him

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It's not even that they picked those guys. It's that they spent 4 first round picks to get those guys. 

8 minutes ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Fournier's problem is he thinks he is more then he is and tries to do to much.  If he realizes his role I think he would be just fine.  With that being said I can't stand him.  Lol.

I don't have a problem with Fournier thinking he is more than he is. I mean he's TRYING to do his job so I can't fault him at that. The problem is he isn't very consistent at scoring the ball when things really matter. I hope he will either improve or someone steps up and forces him to the bench and a lesser role until we can move on from his too high salary. 

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Fournier's problem is he thinks he is more then he is and tries to do to much.  If he realizes his role I think he would be just fine.  With that being said I can't stand him.  Lol.

I think he forced A LOT last year because his shot was off. It caused him to try harder than he should have. I think having the ball in his hands less (fultz) and getting his jumper back will solve his forcing issue. 

1 hour ago, TheImmortalPatBurke! said:

Hahaha!!!  That last sentence was too funny. You guys break me up! :0

Edit: I want him gone. PERIOD!!! I cringe and get a not-so-good feeling that something bad is going to happen when he has the ball in his hands.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I think he forced A LOT last year because his shot was off. It caused him to try harder than he should have. I think having the ball in his hands less (fultz) and getting his jumper back will solve his forcing issue. 

Who's to say this won't be a pattern with him going forward. . .even with a healthy Fultz.

There were games last season when Evan was on the bench, there was better ball movement where the ball touched a lot of hands. As a result, there were a variety of teammates who were able to make open shots. But when Evan entered the game, he dribbled the clock down, and because he dribbled close to the floor, he had a tendency to get stripped of the ball.

Evan would walk off the court during a timeout with a scowl look on his face like it was his teammates' fault.

He wanted to be 'THE GUY'! 

If Evan remains on this team, nothing will change (as far as his mindset).

• Downvote 1