Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

Call me crazy, but I’m not seeing it with this draft class. Yes, I’d be excited about Zion, RJ and Ja, but the rest look very uneven to me.

Edit: I’d be fine with Garland, too. That’s only four dudes. 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:36 AM, Soul Bro said:

Call me crazy, but I’m not seeing it with this draft class. Yes, I’d be excited about Zion, RJ and Ja, but the rest look very uneven to me.

Edit: I’d be fine with Garland, too. That’s only four dudes. 

We need to figure out how to get Ja Morant. He is the type of player that would fit well with our young guys and seems to be an alpha which we desperately need.

23 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

We need to figure out how to get Ja Morant. He is the type of player that would fit well with our young guys and seems to be an alpha which we desperately need.

Absolutely! But his length isn’t the best..., listen we’ll draft a little more length, evaluate what we got and maybe we can earn pg conversations. 

On 1/30/2019 at 8:11 AM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

We're in a good position to do so

Possibly, i see 6 teams that will absolutely without a doubt lose more then us and 3 more who will start tanking soon.

NY,ATL,CHI,CLE,MEM,PHX right now. Later on Pistons,Wizards,Pelicans and Wolves. Also Dallas is very thin after that trade, if they have a few injuries they might lose a ton. I know it doesn't help them get a higher draft pick but they can easily lose more then we could.

If you didn't know, I'm a Kentucky fan, so I watch them really closely. 

Keldon Johnson has been projected to be a top 10 pick but will probably be somewhere in the lottery. PJ Washington has been playing like a lottery pick the last 3 games (avg 22ppg + 10rbg), but he could go anywhere from top 10 to mid second round. Tyler Herro looks like he could be a pretty solid ball player. Pretty good shooter, gets into the lane and finishes at the rim really consistently. 

The name I think we should keep our eye on if he slips into the 2nd round is Ashton Hagans. He became the starter a few weeks ago. 

His last 10 games he has put up 11.6 PPG on 50% FG, 3.5 steals pg and 5.6 apg, 3.6 rbg

He has been an absolute menace on the defensive end. Jumping in lanes and predicting passes like crazy. His shot isn't there just yet, but he can be a pretty decent facilitator. 

I don't think any of the first 3 guys will be in our range (maybe Keldon if he keeps improving) for our first pick...I know we need to address the PG/SG spot anyway. But for our second round pick...I think Hagans could be a steal if he is there at #33 or wherever we are. 

49 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

This draft absolutely sucks past the Top 10. Thank goodness we should be above that threshold.

You know I think about how you called Wiggins' issues like 4 games in to his college career and it's one of the more impressive draft opinions I can remember. 

• Like 1