Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Oh My Head! said:

I don't have a problem with Fournier thinking he is more than he is. I mean he's TRYING to do his job so I can't fault him at that. The problem is he isn't very consistent at scoring the ball when things really matter. I hope he will either improve or someone steps up and forces him to the bench and a lesser role until we can move on from his too high salary. 

He could show up more and breakup runs, yes. But hes also one of the most clutch players in the league who averages at least one game winner a year. Outside of him we dont have anyone who can really do those things

41 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Who's to say this won't be a pattern with him going forward. . .even with a healthy Fultz.

There were games last season when Evan was on the bench, there was better ball movement where the ball touched a lot of hands. As a result, there were a variety of teammates who were able to make open shots. But when Evan entered the game, he dribbled the clock down, and because he dribbled close to the floor, he had a tendency to get stripped of the ball.

Evan would walk off the court during a timeout with a scowl look on his face like it was his teammates' fault.

He wanted to be 'THE GUY'! 

If Evan remains on this team, nothing will change (as far as his mindset).

Because we have 4 other years with the Magic where he has been a consitent positive or at least trending in that direction and we believed he was worth what he was being paid. Now he has one year that is less than stellar and everyone freaks out. He had a bad year. Lets see what he does this year unless a viable trade comes along. I'm not opposed to trading him just not for garbage for the sake of getting rid of him. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ve seen more than one place compare Okeke to a young Kawhi, and that makes me excited

Nah. 

His college numbers are very similar to Covington though. I don't think I'm the first person to point that out. 

25 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

It's weird that we're insecure that a portion of the fanbase doesn't like this pick because of mock drafts and now we're trying to justify it. 

41 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's weird that we're insecure that a portion of the fanbase doesn't like this pick because of mock drafts and now we're trying to justify it. 

Is "we're" the fanbase or organization? I think the pick speaks for itself. 

11 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Is "we're" the fanbase or organization? I think the pick speaks for itself. 

The organization. 

Who cares what fans think?

51 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I like this pick and the more highlights I see and comments from sportwriters, broadcasters and rival teams that I read I like it even more.  Yeah we will have to wait but with modern medicine in dealing with the injury, I cannot wait for his return.  So much to like about his attitude, skill set and overall maturity and I see where some saw him as a lottery pick, as high as 9.  Now it looks like Weltham had to act or he would have been gone.  Welcome to the Magic, Chuma Okeke, glad to have you.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The organization. 

Who cares what fans think?

You think the organization leaked this? Interesting. Based on their moves or lack there of sometimes I feel like they could care less and feel like they know what they're doing. 

If they or we don't care what fans think why would they leak this if the majority of media has applauded this move?

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention but I haven't seen all that much negativity about this pick from either side.  

29 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Anybody else optimistic about Fultz’ health after we didn’t make any moves for a new guard last night or are we just that confident in Briscoe or MCW?

DJ is still on the team.