Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

Unsure where this nonsense about we have too many forwards keeps coming from, we essentially have AG, Isaac and nothing else of note. We lack massively on wing depth. This allows us to have a nice 3 man 3/4 rotation sorted by adding a solid two way player that fits the ethos of the front office in that he can defend multiple positions and he can score the ball as an added bonus. The 2020 draft is loaded at the 2 spot as well so can quite easily target one in the next draft.

It's very clear that the FO are aiming to have a solid lineup/team ready for the 2020/2021 season. They've said numerous times that they won't rush it. For me it's going to be hugely dependent on what they manage to do with Fournier's contract after next season and also on what Fultz actually is. Does that mean we could be worse next season, yes it does but I'm fine taking a small step back for a year in order to have a chance at sustained success with a pretty solid core that should keep developing and improving over time.

We do have Iwundu as a 2/3 and Frazier on the roster, but I get it. I think this is a sign the FO feels good about re-signing Ross.

1 minute ago, jmmagicfan said:

We do have Iwundu as a 2/3 and Frazier on the roster, but I get it. I think this is a sign the FO feels good about re-signing Ross.

You know, I hadn't thought about this from a Ross perspective.  Hopefully you're right, I really want him back.

Not that this means anything, but I caught a SC segment with Bobby Marks & Woj the other day.  On the interactive screen, Marks was messing with a list titled something like "SGs and their expected salaries".  It showed his top 5 SGs of the summer, and ross wasn't on it.  The guy in the 5th slot (KCP I think) was listed at $7 million.

Again, I'm not really sure that means anything in the real world... but if it does happen to be some indication of how Ross is viewed around the league, then he's being really undervalued.

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Best comp I’ve seen for Okeke? Robert Horry. If he can be that, I’ll be happy.

He should be better than that

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

Pardon is an undersized, heavy and slow 6'7-6'8" center. Poor free trow shooter and not much of a jump shot. Only good about him is his basketball IQ. 

Law is ok. Just another forward. Dont know much about him

Jeffries is interesting but not sure he will be able to make the roster. I dont think he is a great shooter. Good hustly guy with decent basketball IQ. 

I guess we are looking at basketball IQ. why not giving Taco or Jontay Porter any love then? 

Jeffries is a solid shooter. 38% over 3 years

Pardon sucks. I don't know why we're wasting our time there

• Downvote 1

Reading through comments from Auburn fans regarding Okeke is very encouraging.  They loved this guy.

17 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Reading through comments from Auburn fans regarding Okeke is very encouraging.  They loved this guy.

oh yeah man he was loved by everyone super high character and just a do it all BALLER

• Upvote 1