Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's a shooter

Cudo's out to Mauro Pedroso who, I think it was him, said that when we zig then our FO zags.  His as the call of the night.  No one saw this one coming but we have another player who was headed to be a lottery pick before the injury.  One expert had him the 9th best player.  So we hope for a full recovery.  I like the risk vs reward potential.  If he can return to his old self what a front court lineup we will have and versatility  I want to know how we kept this such a secret.  6'8" and 230--no weight problem here.  This pick will make for an exciting and interesting free agency period.  When it is all said and done I read last year that our FO was pointing to the summer of 2020 in free agency. and this pick may affirm that plan.  

• Like 1

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

Cudo's out to Mauro Pedroso who, I think it was him, said that when we zig then our FO zags.  His as the call of the night.  No one saw this one coming but we have another player who was headed to be a lottery pick before the injury.  One expert had him the 9th best player.  So we hope for a full recovery.  I like the risk vs reward potential.  If he can return to his old self what a front court lineup we will have and versatility  I want to know how we kept this such a secret.  6'8" and 230--no weight problem here.  This pick will make for an exciting and interesting free agency period.  When it is all said and done I read last year that our FO was pointing to the summer of 2020 in free agency. and this pick may affirm that plan.  

Yep. 

I wouldn't have picked him there but he's a perfect fit for what we're trying to do. Two way players who are skilled

3 minutes ago, IrishCelticHater said:

Yeah. It’s a good pick. I think we all want a star. Which is why some are disappointed. Puzzle isn’t completed. 

he could be who knows

Best thing I'm most hype about with Okeke is his IQ. High-IQ 2-way player with great character. I'm excited.

Look at the raptors, all of their players have good IQ, defend, and can shoot the 3. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. And it's not like Gordon is going to play 12 years here. Okeke's rookie contract exceeds the length of Gordon's. 

Wait wait wait...Gordon isn't a lifer?!!? Don't say that to me! I'll be crushed the day he is no longer here lol!

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

Best thing I'm most hype about with Okeke is his IQ. High-IQ 2-way player with great character. I'm excited.

Look at the raptors, all of their players have good IQ, defend, and can shoot the 3. 

Every combo forward is called siakam now so it's kind of lazy but he could easily be siakam