Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Okeke was on my list of fits back in April so it's not like this came entirely out of nowhere

You might of missed my question but is it possible for Okeke, Gordon and Isaac to play together? I guess the larger question is can Okeke grow into a guy who takes Fournier's spot?

https://www.theringer.com/nba-draft/2019/6/20/18693649/2019-nba-draft-grades-zion-williamson

16. Orlando Magic: Chuma Okeke, F, Auburn

Okeke, who could miss his entire rookie season after tearing his ACL in the NCAA tournament, is an interesting value pick for the Magic. He has a great combination of size (6-foot-8, 230 pounds), athleticism, and 3-point shooting ability, as well as one of the highest basketball IQs in this draft. Orlando has needed 3-point shooting for years. Okeke, who shot 38.7 percent from 3 on 3.7 attempts per game this season, can help fill that role—whenever he returns from injury.

Grade: B

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m on board with Okeke, holding out slight hope we swoop back in and stop the Little Landslide

Hear! Hear!

Just now, Bauncey Chillups said:

Hmm, don't dislike the pick but was hoping he'd be able to play the 2, seems like Okeke's game and Gordon's overlap quite a bit.

Soooo.. are you saying that an AG trade is cooking!?

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

You might of missed my question but is it possible for Okeke, Gordon and Isaac to play together? I guess the larger question is can Okeke grow into a guy who takes Fournier's spot?

Not that way 

If he's good we'd just play a 3 forward rotation with Isaac and Gordon shifting to Isaac and Okeke then Gordon and Okeke. 

We could go small and play Isaac Gordon Okeke at the 3-4-5.

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Soooo.. are you saying that an AG trade is cooking!?

When the raptors drafted Delon Wright did they trade Kyle Lowry?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Not that way 

If he's good we'd just play a 3 forward rotation with Isaac and Gordon shifting to Isaac and Okeke then Gordon and Okeke. 

We could go small and play Isaac Gordon Okeke at the 3-4-5.

For whatever reason Isaac at the 5 wasn't something that even crossed my mind even though it is something I see in his future once he bulks up a bit. Should be fun to see how everything works out with a team full of the same guy physically. 

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

For whatever reason Isaac at the 5 wasn't something that even crossed my mind even though it is something I see in his future once he bulks up a bit. Should be fun to see how everything works out with a team full of the same guy physically. 

Yeah. And it's not like Gordon is going to play 12 years here. Okeke's rookie contract exceeds the length of Gordon's.