Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Little drops to 22...Fournier and our 2nd to Boston for 22... please!

And we won't match on Vuc

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

Okeke reminds me a little of a young Ron Artest. Am I way off base here?

Nah. I see more of Kuzma, marion type of player.

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I love our front office. I really do... nobody seen this coming. Swinging for the fences and then some!

Exactly! In case no one was looking, our FO was largely responsible for assembling the #1 and #2 teams i the EC!

I feel strongly enough about their contributions that they should be awarded a ring as well. This FO has a real eye for talent! Lets see what they bring home!  

• Like 1

Last year I was talked out of Landry Shamet by some evaluators because of medical concerns, though I was positive he was going to be good. I took him out of the article, and so when he hit a 3 to win a playoff game a couple of months ago, I died a little inside. I knew it! So this year, and from here on out, I will give an honorable mention to a player who will not fail but who will get drafted way too low because of medical concern. This year’s award goes to Chuma Okeke from Auburn. I would absolutely have him among my players who would not fail. Okeke is perfect for the NBA today. Very skilled. Fantastic defender. Good athlete. He is the total package. There is a zero percent chance Okeke would not go in the first round if he had not torn his ACL in the NCAA tournament. I think he could have gone in the lottery.”

https://www.theringer.com/nba-draft/2019/6/19/18684386/nba-draft-2019-chris-vernon-prospects

So, I avoided spoilers before our pick.  But am I seeing correctly that Woj/Shams didn't announce it beforehand?  Like at all?

Just now, chosen12 said:

Exactly! In case no one was looking, our FO was largely responsible for assembling the #1 and #2 teams i the EC!

I feel strongly enough about their contributions that they should be awarded a ring as well. This FO has a real eye for talent! Lets see what they bring home!  

Yes!!! Couldnt agree more!!! I wonder if Okeke can play the 2??

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

So, I avoided spoilers before our pick.  But am I seeing correctly that Woj/Shams didn't announce it beforehand?  Like at all?

Like 30 seconds before

I don’t even hate this pick. I was just really blindsided by it. What implications does it have. Does it mean that we’re confident in where Fultz is? Does it mean Aaron is going to get traded? Does it carry any implications at all?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Last year I was talked out of Landry Shamet by some evaluators because of medical concerns, though I was positive he was going to be good. I took him out of the article, and so when he hit a 3 to win a playoff game a couple of months ago, I died a little inside. I knew it! So this year, and from here on out, I will give an honorable mention to a player who will not fail but who will get drafted way too low because of medical concern. This year’s award goes to Chuma Okeke from Auburn. I would absolutely have him among my players who would not fail. Okeke is perfect for the NBA today. Very skilled. Fantastic defender. Good athlete. He is the total package. There is a zero percent chance Okeke would not go in the first round if he had not torn his ACL in the NCAA tournament. I think he could have gone in the lottery.”

https://www.theringer.com/nba-draft/2019/6/19/18684386/nba-draft-2019-chris-vernon-prospects

Good article! This front office has a great eye for talent.