Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

54 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I wonder whether they’re seriously considering a trade with NO of #3 for #4 plus assets 

Supposedly it's just last minute "convince me I shouldn't take RJ" stuff

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Every credible draft person has us talking NAW now. 

That means we are going with Bo Bol

8 minutes ago, magicblue said:

I think I’m leaning towards KPJ but trust our FO and won’t be upset if we pick NAW

NAW is one of the few guys where we really know what he is. Everyone else is dependent on things than we can't project. 

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

NAW is one of the few guys where we really know what he is. Everyone else is dependent on things than we can't project. 

NAW has a higher floor than KPJ, but I feel like Porter has a reasonable floor as well and would be able to contribute in his rookie season. KPJ has a lower yet respectable floor but a higher ceiling than NAW. NAW has a higher floor but lower ceiling. Picking at 16, I’m going to pick KPJ  because I trust in his ability to get some sort of role for himself his rookie year as a shooter with some ball handling/driving ability, and then he’ll still have a high ceiling.

I’m not going to be mad or anything if we pick NAW, but at 16, I prefer to take my shot with KPJ.

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

So 4 and Hill for 11 and Covington seems possible

Which would make new Orleans a super defense

This would give NOLA a dangerous core. Gentry is a fantastic offensive coach but his defenses have always faltered. Now that they have the personnel to build an elite D, sheesh...