Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think we count Isaac as a developmental guy anymore. Developmental guys are guys who aren't a part of the rotation, we're just holding onto them hoping that we can develop them. 

I do figure they'd still believe in Frazier though and we're probably bringing back briscoe. Two way guys don't really count because they aren't taking up spots for real players. 

So pick 16, Fultz, Bamba, Frazier, briscoe is 5 guys. That's a third of the roster. That's about as much as you want. 

Great news on bringing back Briscoe and I hope it happens

Here's some comps:

Nickeil Alexander Walker- high bball iq Austin Rivers

Langford- best case Caron Butler, worst case Gerald Henderson or like what would happen if Jeremy Lamb couldn't shoot. 

Herro- Bryn Forbes

Keldon Johnson- Mo Evans Keith bogans. 

Clarke- what if you took Draymond and put him in Rodney Hood's body but gave him Aaron Gordon athleticism. 

Little-best case Nicolas Batum worst case Tyrus Thomas

46. Orlando  (via Brooklyn): Jontay Porter, F/C, Missouri

According to league sources, the Magic have made this pick available with intent to sell it. 

The injury history with Porter will undoubtedly scare some teams off, but he would likely have been a first-rounder if he’d been able to put together a healthy season. He’ll be a nice value play anywhere in the second round, but the health situation is concerning enough that it may tank his stock. His shooting ability and feel should appeal to them.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/20/nba-mock-draft-trade-rumors-pelicans-grizzlies-knicks-hawks?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=sinow

Edited by Shine88

20 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

46. Orlando  (via Brooklyn): Jontay Porter, F/C, Missouri

According to league sources, the Magic have made this pick available with intent to sell it. 

The injury history with Porter will undoubtedly scare some teams off, but he would likely have been a first-rounder if he’d been able to put together a healthy season. He’ll be a nice value play anywhere in the second round, but the health situation is concerning enough that it may tank his stock. His shooting ability and feel should appeal to them.

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/06/20/nba-mock-draft-trade-rumors-pelicans-grizzlies-knicks-hawks?utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=sinow

Yeah we don’t need talent. Smdh. Or even the prospects of talent. We r so loaded with it. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's some comps:

Langford- best case Caron Butler, worst case Gerald Henderson or like what would happen if Jeremy Lamb couldn't shoot. 

Herro- Bryn Forbes

Clarke- what if you took Draymond and put him in Rodney Hood's body but gave him Aaron Gordon athleticism. 

If Clarke was that good he’d be a top 3 pick

• Upvote 2

Wait wait wait.  How did I miss this?  Clarke had the same number of blocked shots and MISSED shots last season? 

do you think Goga Bitadze is worth it if available and the others are off the table and we decide not to resign Vuc? That would be bamba and him and khem as bigs

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

do you think Goga Bitadze is worth it if available and the others are off the table and we decide not to resign Vuc? That would be bamba and him and khem as bigs

No If we khem but certainly an option if vooch and Birch both leaves. But I doubt all of those player will be off the board by the time we pick. if they are then it means some other players drop to us

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's some comps:

Herro- Bryn Forbes

Eh, I'd probably say Stanley Johnson

30 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If Clarke was that good he’d be a top 3 pick

If he was 20 and had a 6'11 wingspan he would be a top 3 pick. 

He had the second highest PER in bball refs database (only Zion higher)

Second highest box score plus minus in their database (only Zion higher)

8th in offensive rating

26th in defensive rating

Those stats were limited to only the last 10 years. 

He's the 29th most efficient offensive player in the last 35 years. 

Finished 8th at the combine in lane agility

7th in sprints

3rd in standing vert

4th in max vert. 

21 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

I don't think you should draft backup centers. If you draft goga it's to trade Bamba. 

I think Bamba is the better prospect.