Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

A down vote for saying thank you to someone for replying to a question I had? Oh my head. Somebody needs to grow the ***** up!

Whether I agree or disagree I understand your frustration.  A simple "thank you" should always be given the benefit of the doubt unless it can be proven as sarcastic and I do not see any of that here.  I will up vote you to make up for the down vote.  But I also would have left off your last sentence.  The first two sentences made your point.  Last sentence was vindictive.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Chris Vernon wrote something for The Ringer on 5 guys in this draft who will not fail. They were NAW, PJ Washington, Ty Jerome, Admiral Schofield and Shamorie Ponds. Link!

PJ Washington still my favourite prospect at 16 unless a guy I project higher than that falls. 

It's been a long time since I've mentioned that Cam Reddish's ceiling is Tony Snell.  Glad he'll be off the board by the time we pick.  Someone else can take Perry Jones III without the athleticism.

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If it comes down to NAW or KPJ I'm having a really difficult time figuring out what we should do. 

I used to be on the KPJ hype train, but his really low FT% is really alarming to me...

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If it comes down to NAW or KPJ I'm having a really difficult time figuring out what we should do. 

Classic high-risk/high reward (KPJ) vs. low-risk/high floor (NAW) call there. I am not sure which way this front office is going to go with this draft/off-season. Personally I'm on the NAW side, as I am leery of the drama that seemed to follow KPJ last season. But, I can certainly see going the other direction. 

8 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I used to be on the KPJ hype train, but his really low FT% is really alarming to me...

Yeah but that's almost irrelevant to judging him as a prospect. The dude has a lot of the little things you look for when you're trying to find a legitimate number one option on offense. Drafting him is betting on that ceiling. 

He's not going to bust because he's a poor free throw shooter. And there's almost no chance he's a high efficiency low usage backup. 

He's either going to be somewhere on the McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Corey Maggette, Desmond Mason continuum or completely out of the league like Von Wafer or Jordan Crawford

And out of the league is a considerably higher likelihood. 

So it's a risk/reward play. Would you rather have a small chance at a star and a high chance at a bust? Or a guy whose ceiling is like Kent Bazemore

7 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

A down vote for saying thank you to someone for replying to a question I had? Oh my head. Somebody needs to grow the ***** up!

Maybe next time add the “very much” after the thank you. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/18/2019 at 12:04 PM, TyMagic said:

Magic need to draft Herro at all costs if he is even available. Dude shot 80/100 threes at Celtics workout and is the shooter we need. 

At 16 I don’t feel that we need to pick anybody “at all costs” - kinda sounds like Henny - I like Herro and a few others if available! I also like our new fo and trust them to make the right decision!!

42 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Maybe next time add the “very much” after the thank you. 

Thank you very much for your advice. If they can, they should turn the downvote feature off. It's just a distraction and takes away from the topic at hand. If I don't agree with what someone says I either reply or move on (agree to disagree). Message boards should welcome discussion and be encouraging. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Classic high-risk/high reward (KPJ) vs. low-risk/high floor (NAW) call there. I am not sure which way this front office is going to go with this draft/off-season. Personally I'm on the NAW side, as I am leery of the drama that seemed to follow KPJ last season. But, I can certainly see going the other direction. 

Between the two, I agree that NAW is the safer pick for a guy like me. He might not be a legitimate go-to guy, but he seems consistent when he gets his opportunities. Fournier is frustrating to me. He only seemed to get hot when things didn't matter. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah but that's almost irrelevant to judging him as a prospect. The dude has a lot of the little things you look for when you're trying to find a legitimate number one option on offense. Drafting him is betting on that ceiling. 

He's not going to bust because he's a poor free throw shooter. And there's almost no chance he's a high efficiency low usage backup. 

He's either going to be somewhere on the McGrady, Jerry Stackhouse, Corey Maggette, Desmond Mason continuum or completely out of the league like Von Wafer or Jordan Crawford

And out of the league is a considerably higher likelihood. 

So it's a risk/reward play. Would you rather have a small chance at a star and a high chance at a bust? Or a guy whose ceiling is like Kent Bazemore

For me, I would rather have consistency than risk a bust. NAW also brings some things to the table such as a high basketball IQ and passing which could help AG and JI get easier buckets, IMO.