Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Bamba. 

Bol is the worst defensive center I've ever seen, weighs 20 pounds lighter than Bamba weighed at the combine, and had a navicular bone injury in his foot which is the death knell injury for big men. He also has (reportedly) the foot size of a 6'2 guy and extremely high hips so his center of gravity is going to be high with no base so you can't add a lot of weight on him. 

So basically Bol is going to be a perpetually undersized center who can't defend on the perimeter and while he's been given the physical gifts to be a good shot blocker he just lacks the instincts or motor to reach his potential there. 

For decades every 7'0 guy was pushed to play basketball. So for such a long time a significant portion of that population looked like an NBA player but had the skills of today's 8th graders and you had to develop them for years and two thirds turned into nothing. 

The fallout from that is every big man who can dribble and shoot looks like the second coming of Christ. 

Bol looks great in empty gym settings but it's very likely he is the fusion between Thon Maker and Greg Oden. 

Sounds like a tall Biyombo. Bolsmack Bolombo

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I dont see that. Bol has better handle on the ball and able to shoot well from outside the paint. Yes!, he is not a great defender but can block shots. His body is still fragile but he is only 19. 

Biyombo is the complete opposite. Good or average defender and very physical. Poor offensive skills and no shot whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

No. More like jaren Jackson if he was always concussed and not allowed to move laterally

42 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont see that. Bol has better handle on the ball and able to shoot well from outside the paint. Yes!, he is not a great defender but can block shots. His body is still fragile but he is only 19. 

Biyombo is the complete opposite. Good or average defender and very physical. Poor offensive skills and no shot whatsoever. 

Yah, bad comparison for a worse joke prospect name, my bad.

there’s some rumors that the Knicks are gonna go Garland at 3. If New Orleans is still selling 4, I’m interested if that happens. I think RJ has a good chance to be the best player in this draft

• Like 1

This is from an Ohio State site I subscribe to which is pretty accurate.......Looks like we can say Good-bye to DLo if this is true' since we will not have max money.

** Down-low on D-Lo … Former Ohio State first-team All-American D’Angelo Russell will be a restricted free agent at the end of this season. He is coming off his breakout season in 2018-19 when he became an All-Star for the Brooklyn Nets, and averaged 21.1 points, 7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists, and shot 37 percent from 3-point range.

We are told the Nets want to re-sign Russell to a big-money deal, but not quite a max contract. Mainly because they want to free up as much cap space as they can to sign Kyrie Irving and perhaps another max-level player.

We are also told that Russell is very happy in Brooklyn and wants to stay.

However, the “problem” (at least for the Nets) is that Russell is likely to be offered a max contract by multiple other organizations. Could he take less money to stay in Brooklyn? Yes, but we’re told it is extremely unlikely.

So, if the Nets don’t offer Russell a max deal, don’t expect to see Russell in a Nets uniform next season.

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

This is from an Ohio State site I subscribe to which is pretty accurate.......Looks like we can say Good-bye to DLo if this is true' since we will not have max money.

** Down-low on D-Lo … Former Ohio State first-team All-American D’Angelo Russell will be a restricted free agent at the end of this season. He is coming off his breakout season in 2018-19 when he became an All-Star for the Brooklyn Nets, and averaged 21.1 points, 7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists, and shot 37 percent from 3-point range.

We are told the Nets want to re-sign Russell to a big-money deal, but not quite a max contract. Mainly because they want to free up as much cap space as they can to sign Kyrie Irving and perhaps another max-level player.

However, the “problem” (at least for the Nets) is that Russell is likely to be offered a max contract by multiple other organizations. Could he take less money to stay in Brooklyn? Yes, but we’re told it is extremely unlikely.

So, if the Nets don’t offer Russell a max deal, don’t expect to see Russell in a Nets uniform next season.

The word on the street is Russell is gone. They're gonna renounce him. They're getting Kyrie and Tobias Harris. Russell is going to Phoenix or Utah. 

16 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

There’s no way the Nets plan is Kyrie and D-Lo. D-Lo is gonna hit the market as a UFA

Bol is probably the worst pick we can make.

5 hours ago, TyMagic said:

Magic need to draft Herro at all costs if he is even available. Dude shot 80/100 threes at Celtics workout and is the shooter we need. 

I topped out as a varsity benchwarmer, haven't touched a basketball in probably 6 months, and I have no doubt i could make 65-70/100 NBA threes right this second.  Who cares how many 3s he makes in a workout?  That's even less meaningful than Bol dunking in an empty gym.