Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

ESPN has us taking NAW in their latest mock this morning. 

They have Clarke falling to 17. 

I'd be so upset if we passed on Clarke

34 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I'll be really upset if we trade the pick for a future top 20 protected pick and then later claim the draft flattened out.

They will not make that mistake again. They learned.  I see them either moving up or down instead of trading the pick. We need a player. No way we leave this draft without a player.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

They have Clarke falling to 17. 

I'd be so upset if we passed on Clarke

If you take him, what does that do with Birch & Martin? Is he good enough to replace one of these guys, or both? 

Dream draft, take Langford/Kpj or NAW. Then trade up in second round for Bruno Fernando. That will be then be the end to Vooch’s time here hopefully. Perfect replacement 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

If you take him, what does that do with Birch & Martin? Is he good enough to replace one of these guys, or both? 

He can replace both

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I'll be really upset if we trade the pick for a future top 20 protected pick and then later claim the draft flattened out.

I mean, we traded that pick for Fultz so...

Keldon Johnson

Has length, can defend,can shoot the 3,hell of a motor, excellent in transition and he is only 19 years of age. I believe he has more upside than Herro. Actually, I think he is flat out better. If he is available at 16,we should take him.

2 minutes ago, Wahoo VA said:

Keldon Johnson

Has length, can defend,can shoot the 3,hell of a motor, excellent in transition and he is only 19 years of age. I believe he has more upside than Herro. Actually, I think he is flat out better. If he is available at 16,we should take him.

Meh. I don't really see the appeal. He has length but not remarkable length. Basically measured the same (or worse) as the other 2s mocked in the teens. 

Can shoot but it's not like he's a shooter. 

Can defend but he's not like he projects as an above average defender. 

Doesn't do much with the ball. Can't facilitate, can't create his own shot. 

Not very quick or athletic

Alexander Walker does the exact same stuff as Keldon except he's adding point guard skills. 

Little is a better defender with better length and elite athleticism

Langford isn't the shooter but has on ball value. 

I'm not sure what Keldon gives you that isn't readily available in free agency from a replacement level guy. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean, we traded that pick for Fultz so...

It should be noted that Fultz hasn't provided us ANYTHING yet, except a glimmer of Hope.  I'm rooting for him to make a full recovery from his physical/mental ailments and for him to reach his full potential. 

With our Luck, I can also see the Magic picking up his option and being stuck with a broken player for another 2 years.