Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

On 6/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, andrew2018022 said:

Would y'all trade Aaron Gordon and Evan Fournier for Gary Harris, and then draft a PF at 16?

Please go away 

• Downvote 1

On 6/2/2019 at 2:31 AM, ?4thewin said:

Probably something like 16 for 27 and 31 or 24 and 33. 

I think it's more likely we trade out of the draft than trade back unless we can convince a team to give us a heavily protected 2021 pick on top of their pick in the 20s. We don't like to incorporate a bunch of rookies at the same time. 

I’d prob do both those deals? Actually screw that I’d prefer a Langford/NAW. Keeps adding pieces slowly 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I am hoping Little slide to #16 but I will be happy with a combination of NAW and Jalen Lecque. If we move up from our 46 position to a late first,early second then I will go with NAW and Luka. 

Celtics say Tyler Herro workout went great... Shooting is something we sorely lack... i'd be down with taking him at 16 if he was available

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

Celtics say Tyler Herro workout went great... Shooting is something we sorely lack... i'd be down with taking him at 16 if he was available

That will be good. I like him but he can be a defensive liability. maybe we can select him and later trade him to the Celtics for their two late first rounders. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

With the draft only about 2 weeks away. Has anyone emerged (within reason) as your new draft hopefull? I know some wanted Alexander-Walker. Has that changed and someone new emerged as the favorite?

I don’t know about changed, but I’m pretty firmly on the Kevin Porter Jr. bandwagon that most don’t seem to be on. Love his offensive potential and he has some good traits defensively that you can project at the next level. I think his off the court issues are overblown, and I feel good about the locker room culture we have here anyways that I’m cool with taking a shot on him.

• Upvote 1

On 10/28/2018 at 2:12 PM, ?4thewin said:

I think hagans might be the best pg. 

But I don't really want to spend the next 3 years developing a rookie point guard. 

I think Romeo Langford is the best fit. Wing. Can shoot and defend. Is athletic with supposedly a 6'11 wingspan. 

Langford, 27% from 3. Nada  my hopes in the draft are Alexander-Walker or Tyler Herro at #16. Would love another top #20 pick for Cam Johnson. Would address most glaring weaknesses, needs. good shooting SG and SF, wings.  Fournier and AG need replaced ASAP!  Bring rookies off bench for a year.

• Downvote 2

On 6/6/2019 at 1:19 PM, Natesroom said:

He doesn't fit our plan

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

What do people think of KZ Okpala? He seems like the type of guy WeltHam would draft.

He tends to be lost on defense so I'm not a huge fan of him but he's definitely on the list of players who fit our profile

Looking at the list of most common picks from NBA.com, it seems Little is dropping. Some have said that is a guy they want. Haven't seen him play, but looking at his measurables, and reading about his skill set, etc. he seems like Iwundu. Personally, I like Iwundu and think his game is coming along. In this situation, I would probably draft Alexander-Walker because I think we could use a SG more than a SF. Am I off base here?

1687575030_NBA_MostCommonPicks_2019.PNG.e4d1036fdee4fd9f021d990213d11efe.PNG

15 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Looking at the list of most common picks from NBA.com, it seems Little is dropping. Some have said that is a guy they want. Haven't seen him play, but looking at his measurables, and reading about his skill set, etc. he seems like Iwundu. Personally, I like Iwundu and think his game is coming along. In this situation, I would probably draft Alexander-Walker because I think we could use a SG more than a SF. Am I off base here?

1687575030_NBA_MostCommonPicks_2019.PNG.e4d1036fdee4fd9f021d990213d11efe.PNG

Little is kind of a blank slate. If we drafted him I think the play is to have him cut weight and develop him as a sg.