Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

30 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

he turned 23 in March

Who cares. I let his age be a factor early on, but that's a mistake. 23 is same age as AG and him being a senior, means he's more experienced and ready to contribute right away. And don't forget WeltHam like older, senior players, but mostly in the 2nd round. Maybe they tweak their trend and take a senior in round 1?

He's a 6'8 knockdown shooter, with good IQ, and decent athleticism. Can play SG/SF and has a 6'10 wingspan. I think he's a safe bet to be a top 7/8 player in a rotation. 

I liked him since February but I let mocks and his age dissuade me seriously liking him. Everyone else, NAW, Langford, Porter, etc. are just meh to me. CJ is the only wing prospect I can get remotely excited about; super role player, that knows his role and can SPACE the floor. He's the shooter our core needs. 

Given how bereft we are of perimeter creators I don't see a pathway Brandon Clarke will be good on this team as it's currently constructed. Now if he goes to Atlanta where Trae Young can feed him all day, sure. This is why BPA doesn't exist in a vacuum (granted, I don't think Clarke is BPA at our spot--and at 16 there's no consensus anyway). System/structure makes a pretty big difference in rookies unlocking their potential--I doubt Clarke can do that when best talent on the team play the same position as him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Given how bereft we are of perimeter creators I don't see a pathway Brandon Clarke will be good on this team as it's currently constructed. Now if he goes to Atlanta where Trae Young can feed him all day, sure. This is why BPA doesn't exist in a vacuum (granted, I don't think Clarke is BPA at our spot--and at 16 there's no consensus anyway). System/structure makes a pretty big difference in rookies unlocking their potential--I doubt Clarke can do that when best talent on the team play the same position as him.

The path to improving our perimeter creation isn't exclusively the 16th pick. 

Knicks want to trade down from the #3 spot. Ideally they'd like two top 10 picks, rumor has it that the Hawks are willing to trade #8 and #10 for #3.

I'd really love to get RJ Barrett but seems like a long shot

39 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Knicks want to trade down from the #3 spot. Ideally they'd like two top 10 picks, rumor has it that the Hawks are willing to trade #8 and #10 for #3.

I'd really love to get RJ Barrett but seems like a long shot

The problem is the cost to trade up to 3 is greater than the value of Barrett who could, for all we know, just be another Wiggins. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

The problem is the cost to trade up to 3 is greater than the value of Barrett who could, for all we know, just be another Wiggins. 

They'd ask for one of Isaac or Bamba at the very least

12 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

They'd ask for one of Isaac or Bamba at the very least

You should see what Johnathan Wasserman suggested. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

You should see what Johnathan Wasserman suggested. 

lmao....

16, Isaac, Bamba and Fultz for 3, Lance Thomas and Frank Ntilikina....

what a joke

That’s more than I’d give up for Zion