Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

41 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m not rooting against the kid, but I really don’t think Zion is a GOAT level prospect 

Hes not hes a Blake Griffin but the kid is box office . He can be your second best player on a championship team

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Trade up pls

also I like Culver, but I have shifted to wanting Hunter for trade up. I think he could play 2

That's something we haven't talked much about. Who are the guys we could realistically move up for and what would it take to do so?

Anyone with any fun ideas?

15 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’m not rooting against the kid, but I really don’t think Zion is a GOAT level prospect 

I share the same feeling and I am glad to see  am not the only one feeling this way..  I dont want to say anything negative about the guy because he is genously a very nice kid from a great family. But I dont  think he will be the best player out of this year draft either. I have Morrant above him. Long term.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I wouldn't take this as "we're trading up for Culver"

But if you want a long term starting shooting guard, there you go. 

(I don't think he's a star but I do think he can be Justice Winslow)

I love this. It tells me that management is looking at all options to improve our roster. This is what you want to hear and see from them. Love the idea to trade up. A lot of team are more worried about the cap space and not necessarily mean we will have to give too much to move up on this year draft. Maybe a second round.  Maybe Phoenix rather save some money for a free agent rather than picking at 6 and willing to move the pick for DJ, the 16 and our second. 

I will not be opposed to move down either. I am intrigued to see a little more of Matisse Thybulle. For some reason, I feel he will be a good guy to have. If we can move down for a late first round pick and early second, I will be happy with a combinagtion  of Thybulle, Luka and Brazdeikis. Brooklyn and Philadelphia are in the position to do that. Both teams might want to look for a back up center and Bol Bol, Bitadze and Bassey will likely be available at 16.

Someone asked for some fun ideas.... 

12 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Trade up pls

also I like Culver, but I have shifted to wanting Hunter for trade up. I think he could play 2

I don't think Hunter is very good. He doesn't do much with the ball. He's a spot up shooter and good defender (but not an impact defender like Isaac). You can find that combo of skills elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I love this. It tells me that management is looking at all options to improve our roster. This is what you want to hear and see from them. Love the idea to trade up. A lot of team are more worried about the cap space and not necessarily mean we will have to give too much to move up on this year draft. Maybe a second round.  Maybe Phoenix rather save some money for a free agent rather than picking at 6 and willing to move the pick for DJ, the 16 and our second. 

I will not be opposed to move down either. I am intrigued to see a little more of Matisse Thybulle. For some reason, I feel he will be a good guy to have. If we can move down for a late first round pick and early second, I will be happy with a combinagtion  of Thybulle, Luka and Brazdeikis. Brooklyn and Philadelphia are in the position to do that. Both teams might want to look for a back up center and Bol Bol, Bitadze and Bassey will likely be available at 16.

Someone asked for some fun ideas.... 

This is kind of a weird draft. If you like thybulle I think you take him at 16. 

I wouldn't draft a backup center in the teens. You can find those guys in the second round. 

I know its Kyler reporting these things, but I feel like he may be on to something here. All I'm gonna say is that if we take another big man at 16 and guys like NAW/THT/Langford/KPJ are still there, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. Hell I would almost rather draft Herro at 16, and I really don't like him on Orlando at all.

3 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

I know its Kyler reporting these things, but I feel like he may be on to something here. All I'm gonna say is that if we take another big man at 16 and guys like NAW/THT/Langford/KPJ are still there, I'm gonna be pretty disappointed. Hell I would almost rather draft Herro at 16, and I really don't like him on Orlando at all.

Gafford and Naz are second rounders

4 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

If we are taking a center in the 2nd it should be Tacko

Nah. I'd want to draft a guy who can play, not a gimmick.