Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

43 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The one problem I have with THT is his weight. If he's going to be a SG I think he needs to play down at like 215. 

But I also stand by my statement a few weeks ago. If he showed up close to the draft down 20 pounds I might take him 6th. 

If he comes in to workouts/interviews 10-12 pounds lighter, I absolutely take him; conversely, if he shows up weighing 250, I probably take him off my list of prospects. 

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The one problem I have with THT is his weight. If he's going to be a SG I think he needs to play down at like 215. 

But I also stand by my statement a few weeks ago. If he showed up close to the draft down 20 pounds I might take him 6th. 

Shhh… we don't want to be giving away any secrets. :-)  

26 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

If he comes in to workouts/interviews 10-12 pounds lighter, I absolutely take him; conversely, if he shows up weighing 250, I probably take him off my list of prospects. 

Yeah. 

Basically we needed him to be primarily a 2 that can move up. He's less enticing if he's a 3 that can sometimes move down

I asked Sam Vecenie about him and he replied: I don't think THT is athletic enough to stay with 2s on defense right now. Teams are definitely concerned about how his frame will age. But there is also a thought from some execs that he could have some athletic upside if they can get him with their weight training programs. Will be a very interesting pre-draft process for him. I'm lower on him than most executives are, FWIW. Most see him as a first rounder.

So basically I think we're on the right track with him. He's problematic as is but you can build him into a two if he's receptive to that and unlock a bit more of his game. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I asked Sam Vecenie about him and he replied: I don't think THT is athletic enough to stay with 2s on defense right now. Teams are definitely concerned about how his frame will age. But there is also a thought from some execs that he could have some athletic upside if they can get him with their weight training programs. Will be a very interesting pre-draft process for him. I'm lower on him than most executives are, FWIW. Most see him as a first rounder.

So basically I think we're on the right track with him. He's problematic as is but you can build him into a two if he's receptive to that and unlock a bit more of his game. 

I respect Sam a ton. 

11 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

This seems to be his main concern. Most SGs in the league (Harden, Oladipo, Beal, EGordon, etc.) are all in the 205-220 lb range. I think a summer working with a professional NBA franchise's trainers and dietitians will help him there. A ton of kids still have baby fat, as long as he doesn't become a Kelvin Benjamin or a Melvin Frazier (dude gained hella weight this offseason so far), and stays motivated, he'll be in good hands

Crazy. I saw MF very shortly after the last playoff game and he looked in shape.