Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

25 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah, but that was before he stunk it up on the court against players he couldn’t regularly dominate athletically. Dude showed very little basketball skill or IQ the times I watched him play.

Little is an upside play. He's an elite level athlete who showed different skills with no consistency. 

He'd be a fine pick in this draft at 16 because you're getting a hyper athletic hustle forward who plays good defense at worst and a guy with significant upside at best. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Little is an upside play. He's an elite level athlete who showed different skills with no consistency. 

He'd be a fine pick in this draft at 16 because you're getting a hyper athletic hustle forward who plays good defense at worst and a guy with significant upside at best. 

Like I said, he does fit the profile. But I have to think there will be better prospects there.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:36 PM, ?4thewin said:

No. Bamba can't play 4 either. 

I don't really see the point in adding big men who aren't mobile. Especially ones with a body type that suggests long term injury issues. 

I wouldn't have drafted Bamba if he was 7'3 either. But he measured in at 6'11 without shoes with almost identical measurements as gortat and Tyson Chandler so there's reason to believe he'll be fine adding weight to his frame. He runs well and there's enough reason to be optimistic about him defending on the perimeter.  

I had to get those videos juxtaposed with Bambas draft tape to really show the difference

I've been reading up a ton about Talen Horton-Tucker today. His physicals (6'4" tall, 238 lbs, 7'1" wingspan) are certainly unique... Really havent seen a whole lot of guys with measures like that. He plays SG, but seems a little undersized to play it due to his height. He turns 19 in November, he's one of the youngest guys in the draft. He's a tough defender who's offense is still raw, but he's shown he can create his own shot in small spurts of time. I feel like he has immense potential, and that WeltHam are gonna absolutely fall in love with this guy. Would you guys be happy with him at 16?

2 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

I've been reading up a ton about Talen Horton-Tucker today. His physicals (6'4" tall, 238 lbs, 7'1" wingspan) are certainly unique... Really havent seen a whole lot of guys with measures like that. He plays SG, but seems a little undersized to play it due to his height. He turns 19 in November, he's one of the youngest guys in the draft. He's a tough defender who's offense is still raw, but he's shown he can create his own shot in small spurts of time. I feel like he has immense potential, and that WeltHam are gonna absolutely fall in love with this guy. Would you guys be happy with him at 16?

Welcome to the club-I first mentioned this kid back in mid-February. I’m not sure if he is going to be a good fit for what we’re building, but a definite dark-horse that I wouldn’t be surprised to see us grab at #16. He does strike me as a WeltHam kind of player.

12 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

Found this nice little article on THT.

lonzowire.usatoday.com

55 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Found this nice little article on THT.

lonzowire.usatoday.com

Nice read, and does a good job of balancing the flashes he's shown so far without going overboard. I think once this kid gets in an NBA strength and conditioning program, we will see a lot more of those flashes. I'm relatively high on this kid, and would be okay with him at the #16. A guy who can swing from PG/SG/SF and even some small-ball PF strikes me as a nice piece to have. I'm anxious to see how he measures out at the combine. 

13 hours ago, andrew2018022 said:

I came here right now to post that after all I've researched that I'm stabbing my flag on Talen Horton-Tucker. Have people seen his ball handling skills and Step back? Hes deceptively fast cause he looks so broad with his shoulders and wingspan.  Didnt know hes 18 till November,  that's awesome. Hell be a sophomore in the league at 20. I look at guys like Eric Gordon and Oladipo at the same height so I'm not worried at all especially with that wingspan. He fits the mold he fits the need. I'm pretty pumped and he should be there when we are on the clock hopefully.

The one problem I have with THT is his weight. If he's going to be a SG I think he needs to play down at like 215. 

But I also stand by my statement a few weeks ago. If he showed up close to the draft down 20 pounds I might take him 6th. 

31 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The one problem I have with THT is his weight. If he's going to be a SG I think he needs to play down at like 215. 

But I also stand by my statement a few weeks ago. If he showed up close to the draft down 20 pounds I might take him 6th. 

This seems to be his main concern. Most SGs in the league (Harden, Oladipo, Beal, EGordon, etc.) are all in the 205-220 lb range. I think a summer working with a professional NBA franchise's trainers and dietitians will help him there. A ton of kids still have baby fat, as long as he doesn't become a Kelvin Benjamin or a Melvin Frazier (dude gained hella weight this offseason so far), and stays motivated, he'll be in good hands