Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think Bo Bol will not be drafted that high. Will you consider at 16? 

He will likely sit for the year but will be a decent back up PF. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/magic/2019-draft-prospects-bol-bol

I wouldn't draft him at all. 

He can't play PF at all. 

He's like boban. A skilled giant player who has no lateral quickness. A bit player who can play 10-12 mpg as a different look for teams. A good shot blocker but bad defender outside of that. A guy who couldn't make it 9 games in college before his body failed him. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He can't play PF at all. 

He's like boban. A skilled giant player who has no lateral quickness. A bit player who can play 10-12 mpg as a different look for teams. A good shot blocker but bad defender outside of that. A guy who couldn't make it 9 games in college before his body failed him. 

On the surface your first sentence makes the most sense.  But would you even entertain this possibility if we will not keep Vuc and thought we might lose Birch and then could use a center/PF mix (Bamba and Bol Bol on the court at the same time?).  I might depending on his injury status.  This would be  a "last year" projected top 3-5 pick dropping to #16?  That might be a good low risk high reward type of addition.  Definitely has offensive skills already (over Bamba) with graph below.  At the end of the day we need shooters the most but if he is at #16, it should make you pause. (for what it is worth I think there is NO chance he is there at 16.....my projection is him to Boston at 14 if he lasts that far)

http://www.tankathon.com/players/bol-bol

15 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

On the surface your first sentence makes the most sense.  But would you even entertain this possibility if we will not keep Vuc and thought we might lose Birch and then could use a center/PF mix (Bamba and Bol Bol on the court at the same time?).  I might depending on his injury status.  This would be  a "last year" projected top 3-5 pick dropping to #16?  That might be a good low risk high reward type of addition.  Definitely has offensive skills already (over Bamba) with graph below.  At the end of the day we need shooters the most but if he is at #16, it should make you pause. (for what it is worth I think there is NO chance he is there at 16.....my projection is him to Boston at 14 if he lasts that far)

http://www.tankathon.com/players/bol-bol

No. Bamba can't play 4 either. 

I don't really see the point in adding big men who aren't mobile. Especially ones with a body type that suggests long term injury issues. 

I wouldn't have drafted Bamba if he was 7'3 either. But he measured in at 6'11 without shoes with almost identical measurements as gortat and Tyson Chandler so there's reason to believe he'll be fine adding weight to his frame. He runs well and there's enough reason to be optimistic about him defending on the perimeter.  

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

He can't play PF at all. 

I dont mind him to see if he truly develop to be like a Porzingis type of player as he is compared in the article. 

I agree with you though. I rather go for a player that we can use now. Little and Naw will do for me but I will bot mind looking into trading down or even out of the first round for two early 2nd rounders(phily). There you can hope to get players like thybulle and Luka. 

18 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

If he's there, I am intrigued by Sekou Doumbouya as a BPA player when we pick. What do you all think of him?

He’s a couple years away from starting, with a high ceiling; but is projected to go 8-12. I doubt he falls to 16.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

He’s a couple years away from starting, with a high ceiling; but is projected to go 8-12. I doubt he falls to 16.

Yeah. He is not falling.

21 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Little would be a bit of a disappointment for me, but he would fit the profile.

Little was projected as a top 6 lottery pick going into the season. Hed be a great value at 16

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Little was projected as a top 6 lottery pick going into the season. Hed be a great value at 16

Yeah, but that was before he stunk it up on the court against players he couldn’t regularly dominate athletically. Dude showed very little basketball skill or IQ the times I watched him play.

10 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah, but that was before he stunk it up on the court against players he couldn’t regularly dominate athletically. Dude showed very little basketball skill or IQ the times I watched him play.

Yeah I can see that. Without decent handles and average height I wonder what he has that we dont have more of I  iwundu and Frazier