Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

BPA. But if guys are in the same tier, I’d consider need as well. 

Better question for our draft spot is high floor or high ceiling. 

3 hours ago, Mack1085 said:

For me it's always BPA and always high ceiling. There's pretty much always decent role players available every summer for the MLE. Picking a guy outside of the lottery that becomes a star or an important starter can change the trajectory of the franchise. 

Maybe a better way to phrase the question would be, should they draft someone with a high floor or a high ceiling?  At 16 there should be a number of players with about the same overall value. 

On 5/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, Mack1085 said:

21 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

For me it's always BPA and always high ceiling. There's pretty much always decent role players available every summer for the MLE. Picking a guy outside of the lottery that becomes a star or an important starter can change the trajectory of the franchise. 

I think the BPA should always be the option to consider at any draft. 

When it comes to our pick at 16, we will be picking BPA which will likely be also our position of need at SG.  There are going to be a few decent  SG/SF options available from 13 down. 

14 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Maybe a better way to phrase the question would be, should they draft someone with a high floor or a high ceiling?  At 16 there should be a number of players with about the same overall value. 

That's a different question though. 

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26669678/scouting-nba-draft-lottery-prospects-strengths-comps-intel

Any of you has insider subscription? They have their top 14 and will like to know who they are. 

1.  Zion Williamson

2.  Ja Morant

3.  RJ Barrett

4.  Darius Garland

5.  De'Andre Hunter

6.  Jarrett Culver

7.  Cam Reddish

8.  Sekou Doumbouya

9.  Jaxson Hayes

10.  Coby White

11.  Romeo Langford

12..Brandon Clarke

13.  Bol Bol

14.  Kevin Porter Jr

I don't have insider, but I downloaded the ESPN app on my iPad and can see most articles.

3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

1.  Zion Williamson

2.  Ja Morant

3.  RJ Barrett

4.  Darius Garland

5.  De'Andre Hunter

6.  Jarrett Culver

7.  Cam Reddish

8.  Sekou Doumbouya

9.  Jaxson Hayes

10.  Coby White

11.  Romeo Langford

12..Brandon Clarke

13.  Bol Bol

14.  Kevin Porter Jr

I don't have insider, but I downloaded the ESPN app on my iPad and can see most articles.

Great! Thanks. 

That put us un a position to draft either NAW or Little. Two great options in position of need and in my opinion the BPA at 16. 

37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Great! Thanks. 

That put us un a position to draft either NAW or Little. Two great options in position of need and in my opinion the BPA at 16. 

Little would be a bit of a disappointment for me, but he would fit the profile.

On 5/6/2019 at 5:44 AM, Bebop Meat Mop said:

In our current position we realistically need to add contributors. I don't think a project would be an ideal fit for us. In all likelihood we will want to bring back our veterans and make another play off run. So while a raw high upside pick might have appeal, it is quite likely they wouldn't get sufficient court time to make the desired impact, whereas a more pro ready player with less upside could potentially get more court time because they can make more of an impact. That's not to say we should ignore a high upside pick over a 3 and D guy if someone falls that is too good to pass on, but I suspect we'll want to add a player that can make a more immediate impact to our roster and help us improve the win count and play off seeding next season.