Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

On 4/27/2019 at 3:54 PM, hootie249 said:

OMG! Taking a chance on some players wasting away on other teams is what we should have done the last 5 years. Not now!

We need sure things! SMDH!

That's a strategy that should ALWAYS be implemented.  It's simply buy low sell high but for us the inverse as we did with Fultz. If we could end up with the #1,#4, & #6 pick in the 2017 draft (which was a very deep draft) than that's the stuff fanboy message board fantasies are about.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Dude can’t shoot

He also elaborated on the injury to his right hand that required significant bandaging throughout the 2018-19 season. Langford tore a ligament in his right thumb last November during practice prior to IU’s game at Duke University, but rather than stop playing for the rest of the season, Langford dealt with the pain for the remainder of the season.

I imagine it was painful to shoot the ball since he's right-handed

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I imagine it was painful to shoot the ball since he's right-handed

Yea. Our problem is if Langford proves his shooting was just his injury in the predraft workouts he'll definitely get drafted ahead of our pick.

28 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea. Our problem is if Langford proves his shooting was just his injury in the predraft workouts he'll definitely get drafted ahead of our pick.

Yep. Even if his shot is crappy he shouldn't make it to us. It's kind of the same thought process as Coby White and what I was saying about him when he was projected in the 20s. In a draft like this once you get through all the noise about a player, a guy who can create his own offense will get the benefit of the doubt and should go early

On 5/2/2019 at 2:38 PM, ?4thewin said:

Yep. Even if his shot is crappy he shouldn't make it to us. It's kind of the same thought process as Coby White and what I was saying about him when he was projected in the 20s. In a draft like this once you get through all the noise about a player, a guy who can create his own offense will get the benefit of the doubt and should go early

I would probably be happy with him, because it would be a coup to get him where we are. The Hennigan (my phone autocorrected that to ‘shenanigans’ lol) years have made me gun-shy on drafting guys who we need to develop their shot, but AG has shown it can work.

I’m still advocating for trading up if there is a guy we like. We certainly can’t get up to the top guys, and I don’t want to eat into our cap for next summer , but while the draft does look flat, there are certainly players who probably fit better with us than others, and who likely won’t be there at 16. I figure out draft position is likely to continue to get higher, so this may be our last chance for a while to grab a (relatively) impactful player.

17 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

What would your strategy be in this draft? Draft for need (SG) or BPA?

BPA