Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

OMG! Taking a chance on some players wasting away on other teams is what we should have done the last 5 years. Not now!

We need sure things! SMDH!

Oh stop with the exclamation points and fake exasperation.

Finding underutilized talent is smart. It's not like Jackson is bad, he's better than iwundu. He's just in a bad situation. We're in a bad draft. If the value is there we should go after him. 

16 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

OMG! Taking a chance on some players wasting away on other teams is what we should have done the last 5 years. Not now!

We need sure things! SMDH!

What sure thing can we get at 16 or with 16? 

Spoilers: the answer is none

I'm just amazed this team and management didn't do more of that the last 5 years. Josh Jackson, just gonna say i don't like him. Maybe that makes my statement a little easier to handle. Now is the time to get established players, but i guess the Magic have very little choice right now.

Just now, hootie249 said:

I'm just amazed this team and management didn't do more of that the last 5 years. Josh Jackson, just gonna say i don't like him. Maybe that makes my statement a little easier to handle. Now is the time to get established players, but i guess the Magic have very little choice right now.

We did that with Fultz, Martin, and Grant last year. 

And in the past, fournier, Harris, CJ Wilcox, and Shabazz Napier. 

We'll probably keep the pick and just draft a guy but the theme for this draft is everyone has a major flaw. If we're not thrilled with our options at 16 we could go after Jackson who has terrible efficiency numbers but plays solid defense and sporadic stretches where he averages 20ppg on great efficiency for two weeks. Or Zach Collins maybe. 

If we want to flip the pick for a veteran on a team shifting from contention to rebuilding we could go after Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Cody Zeller, maybe Dion waiters, Jordan Clarkson. Not a great market for those types of guys. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 4/27/2019 at 7:46 AM, magicdoc1 said:

Today's second round talent video. 

Luka Samanic. Great talent out of Croacia. 6'10  19 year old long and athletic forward. An option for us in the second round. 

Anyone named Luka I’m down to draft 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 11:44 AM, ?4thewin said:

If we end up in a place where we aren't thrilled with the options at 16 I'd try to flip the pick for someone like Josh Jackson to save him from basketball purgatory. 

Bet we could probably get some other minor thing back too. 

I like that a lot actually... theres still untapped potential there

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Is there any chance Romeo Langford falls out of the lottery? He could be exciting. 

I doubt it. When we get closer to the draft I think teams will take him top 12. 

But multiple people have mocked him to us. That would be an easy choice. 

56 minutes ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Now that the season is over and people are starting to do their homework on the new draft prospects are there any guys that have surprised you in a good way? 

I don't think we are going to find too many surprises now until the draft combine - there are always some guys measurements that we don't expect; height, wingspan, vertical, speed, etc. And then, there are usually a few guys that play better (or worse) in the scrimmages. I don't expect many (if any) surprises between now and then, as individual workouts/interviews don't usually happen until after the combine. There just isn't that much organized basketball for the potential draftees to be playing in right now. It's mostly just individuals working out, and maybe occasional pickup games, but not much for us to hear about/see right now. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Dude can’t shoot

But if you teach him to shoot he could be like a Caron Butler type guy because he gets to the rim constantly and finishes at a high level

• Downvote 1