Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

17 minutes ago, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Not to push my guy too heavily, but Porter Jr. is a shooter who can get his own shot off the dribble. He’s not a perfect fit for our team philosophy, but his ability to defend 2’s and 3’s make him interesting enough to pull the trigger, and he seems to have the athletic tools to improve on defense 

And if our front office interviews him and is happy with his answers for the USC debacle(s), then I would be okay with drafting him; but I think there are a couple of red flags that would need to be questioned/addressed ahead of time. I feel like, no interview/workout, no way we draft him. I think the physical/basketball talent is there, just concerned about the mental aspect with him. 

Gotta say i like the look of Kevin Porter Jr.. 6.5 with 6.9 wingspan good size. Smooth game. Lefty too... He is intriguing 

15 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Gotta say i like the look of Kevin Porter Jr.. 6.5 with 6.9 wingspan good size. Smooth game. Lefty too... He is intriguing 

Like jmmagicfan said above, drafting him is almost entirely based on background checks. 

If it's "immature 18 year old, really shaped up after he was suspended. He's a good kid." He's a must draft guy if he's available. He'd be a top 5 pick if he didn't have maturity issues. 

If it's "locker room cancer. We had to keep someone on him at all times just to make sure he showed up to meetings". Probably not. 

Boston drafted a guy like that last year though. Smart teams take advantage of these situations but smart teams also know when to stay away. 

At the same time maybe we want to insulate Bamba, Isaac, and Fultz from guys like that. 

6 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Like jmmagicfan said above, drafting him is almost entirely based on background checks. 

If it's "immature 18 year old, really shaped up after he was suspended. He's a good kid." He's a must draft guy if he's available. He'd be a top 5 pick if he didn't have maturity issues. 

If it's "locker room cancer. We had to keep someone on him at all times just to make sure he showed up to meetings". Probably not. 

Boston drafted a guy like that last year though. Smart teams take advantage of these situations but smart teams also know when to stay away. 

At the same time maybe we want to insulate Bamba, Isaac, and Fultz from guys like that. 

Yeah I hear that totally. Hopefully it's just a immaturity thing. He's got a lot of things to his game

I heard KZ Okpala is drawing some interest in Orlando.  I dont really know much bout him but what I have seen so far is impressive. 

Today's second round talent video. 

Luka Samanic. Great talent out of Croacia. 6'10  19 year old long and athletic forward. An option for us in the second round. 

If we end up in a place where we aren't thrilled with the options at 16 I'd try to flip the pick for someone like Josh Jackson to save him from basketball purgatory. 

Bet we could probably get some other minor thing back too. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If we end up in a place where we aren't thrilled with the options at 16 I'd try to flip the pick for someone like Josh Jackson to save him from basketball purgatory. 

I want nothing to do with Josh Jackson. I'm afraid Phoenix ruined him

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Not a bad idea. He can guard 2’s and 3’s.

Wonder if they’d let him go for that and so soon?

OMG! Taking a chance on some players wasting away on other teams is what we should have done the last 5 years. Not now!

We need sure things! SMDH!

• Downvote 2