Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I really do not want another project. I hope they draft a guy that can shoot right now even if he has a low ceiling.

Also i can easily seer the Magic taking a PF or Combo wing if one of the skilled guys drops into their range. Can't teach size and the shooting guards in our draft spot seem underwhelming.

The guy we draft is probably not playing much next year

I think there’s a chance we cast out Fournier with 16 and see what it can net. Or maybe attach Mozgov to 16 and see if we can clear that cap space and make a play for Kemba

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think there’s a chance we cast out Fournier with 16 and see what it can net. Or maybe attach Mozgov to 16 and see if we can clear that cap space and make a play for Kemba

Maybe include Fultz for their inevitable rebuild

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Maybe include Fultz for their inevitable rebuild

Wouldn’t want to and don’t need to. Kemba is an UFA, we just need to clear the cap space to try to entice him, he loves Coach, so he’d at least listen. Something to watch for though is if he makes an All-NBA team, which is likely. If he does, he stays in Charlotte on a supermax deal and that’s all she wrote.

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The guy we draft is probably not playing much next year

I can think of plenty of examples where a rookie plays meaningful minutes. Not even using a lottery pick, look at Landry Shamet this year. 

Drafted number 26, played well in Philly, playing even better on the clippers. He is useful because he can shoot!

9 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I can think of plenty of examples where a rookie plays meaningful minutes. Not even using a lottery pick, look at Landry Shamet this year. 

Drafted number 26, played well in Philly, playing even better on the clippers. He is useful because he can shoot!

That's why I said probably and not definitely

On 4/16/2019 at 1:26 PM, Magicpassion said:

I don’t think enough people understand how much a glue guy Wes is.

I'm so happy to have Wes. Hes like Gordon lite

• Upvote 1

Now that we have seen what we can and cannot do when it comes playoff time, has that changed your view on the type of player you want in the draft? I realize picking where we are doesn't afford us much choice, but we could still focus on certain skills or physical attributes a new player is going to bring to our team that could help.

5 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Now that we have seen what we can and cannot do when it comes playoff time, has that changed your view on the type of player you want in the draft? I realize picking where we are doesn't afford us much choice, but we could still focus on certain skills or physical attributes a new player is going to bring to our team that could help.

We need someone that is already good at throwing the round ball in the circle with the net under it, not another project that we hope learns to shoot.

54 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

We need someone that is already good at throwing the round ball in the circle with the net under it, not another project that we hope learns to shoot.

After watching the growth and value provided by Gordon, Isaac, and iwundu how can you have this opinion?