Grant Williams at #33

Talen Horton-Tucker at #46

Fansided has us taking:

Tyler Herro at #15

Tankathon has us taking:

Tyler Herro at #16

Carson Edwards at #45

Thoughts?

Also, if we make the post-season are we eliminated from the possibility of getting a lottery pick?

I saw several websites that have us picking at #13 and I guess I just assumed how much we were winning would push us closer to #15-17.

BleacherReport says Option A is Garland, Option B is Kevin Porter Jr., and Option C is Talen Horton-Tucker (as a project)

NBCSports has us taking some kid from France (Sekou Doumbouya??) since we're risking Vooch leaving in the summer at #14. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Also, if we make the post-season are we eliminated from the possibility of getting a lottery pick?

Yes, the 14 lottery picks are given to the teams who don't make the playoffs.  If there are previous trades in place then playoff teams can be in the lottery as a result of those.

5 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

NBADraft.net has us taking:

Darius Garland at #15

Grant Williams at #33

Fansided has us taking:

Tyler Herro at #15

Tankathon has us taking:

Tyler Herro at #16

Carson Edwards at #45

Thoughts?

NBADraft.net are idiots, since we no longer have that #33 pick, it was part of the Fultz trade package. Also, it is doubtful that Garland will last to #15, or that Horton-Tucker will last into the second round, never mind all the way down at #46.

I'm not wild about Herro, but I'm not sure there is a clear BPA in the #15-20 section of the draft; I think it is personal preference.

I do have an issue with Carson Edwards at #45 from Tankathon. They have Markus Howard going a couple spots later. If you are going to pick up a point guard there you take Howard. Yes he is an inch shorter, but he is still a better scorer, assist maker, and rebounder. Edwards is a little better defender. I'm going for the potential spark off the bench guy. I'm not really sure we are going to draft a point guard with Fultz (and MCW/Briscoe) on the team; but you could argue Howard might be the BPA at that point in the draft. 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I saw several websites that have us picking at #13 and I guess I just assumed how much we were winning would push us closer to #15-17.

BleacherReport says Option A is Garland, Option B is Kevin Porter Jr., and Option C is Talen Horton-Tucker (as a project)

NBCSports has us taking some kid from France (Sekou Doumbouya??) since we're risking Vooch leaving in the summer at #14. 

Yes, we are not in the lottery if we make the playoffs. Any websites that show us picking #13 just haven't been updated recently. I like Garland, and think he is one of the few PG this draft that could play with Fultz as back-court of the future; just not sure if WeltHam will feel the need to go PG with Fultz on board and possibly MCW and/or Briscoe coming back. Don't want to touch Porter with a ten-foot pole; he is talented, but there have been a few red flags. I am intrigued with Talen Horton-Tucker, he is kind of a mix of Marcus Smart/Draymond Green. I wish his shooting was a little better, but a 6'4", 235+ pound guy who can swing between PG/SG/SF and even some small-ball PF does catch my eye. The fact he has a 7'1" wingspan may catch WeltHam's attentions as well.  

38 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

NBADraft.net has us taking:

Darius Garland at #15

Grant Williams at #33

Fansided has us taking:

Tyler Herro at #15

Tankathon has us taking:

Tyler Herro at #16

Carson Edwards at #45

Thoughts?

I can justify taking Horton-Tucker at 15 so getting him at 46 would be amazing. 

He might suck but he's 6'4 with a supposedly 7'1 wingspan and his defensive numbers are off the charts. He's the youngest American player in the draft and Iowa State has been developing 

I like other players more than him but it would be a positional fit

27 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yes, we are not in the lottery if we make the playoffs. Any websites that show us picking #13 just haven't been updated recently. 

Crazy thing is a few of them were updated in the last 72 hrs. So not sure if they're just not paying attention to the Magic or just don't care about the late lottery teams. 

Also, concerning Herro. Don't sleep on him. He's much more than a white guy who can shoot. He's really good at getting to the rim and finishing with either hand,  decent passer, above average rebounder and defender, and all around solid player. 

When you watch him, I honestly see flashes of Mike Miller more than Kyle Korver. 

16 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Crazy thing is a few of them were updated in the last 72 hrs. So not sure if they're just not paying attention to the Magic or just don't care about the late lottery teams. 

Also, concerning Herro. Don't sleep on him. He's much more than a white guy who can shoot. He's really good at getting to the rim and finishing with either hand,  decent passer, above average rebounder and defender, and all around solid player. 

When you watch him, I honestly see flashes of Mike Miller more than Kyle Korver. 

Meh. I don't see it. 

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Meh. I don't see it. 

Who else would be a good pair with Fultz? Assuming he becomes the guy we hope he does. 

Do we really draft another PG as a backup plan in case Fultz fails? Or do we develop around him and keep DJ/MCW?

Just now, TrueBlueDrew said:

Who else would be a good pair with Fultz? Assuming he becomes the guy we hope he does. 

Do we really draft another PG as a backup plan in case Fultz fails? Or do we develop around him and keep DJ/MCW?

You get as many two way players as possible unless you find a overwhelmingly good offensive player that is good enough to excuse his defense. 

Herro is an alright shooter with short arms. It doesn't make sense to take a guy like that. Especially when you can find that guy in the second round. 

Garland would be nice because he's effectively a 6'1 shooting guard that projects as a spree scorer/off ball elite shooter. You can match him up against point guards and have Fultz defend twos. If Fultz gets his shot back you can even run Garland/MCW/Fultz lineups here and there. 

Langford would be nice. He has "create his own offense" potential.

As does Kevin Porter Jr. 

As does white. 

Nickeil Alexander-Walker is a lower ceiling guy but is very Keith Bogans-y. He's just a smart basketball player and does a little bit of everything and those Buzz Williams guys are good pros. 

Little would be a good developmental guy. High ceiling. Athletic. Very Aaron Gordon ish. 

Doumboya is like a more raw Johnathan Isaac. 

Horton-Tucker I talked about earlier today. 

Clarke is good and bouncy. 

Grant Williams is well rounded and there's a lot to suggest he'll be a high level role player. 

Thybulle might not be an NBA player but he has outlier level defensive numbers so they're might be something there.

Chuma Okeke is this 4 from Auburn that seems like he could play the Johnathan Martin role really well. 

There's this guy Deividas Sirvydis who is 6'8 and can shoot the hell out of the ball. One of the draft guys I talk to assures me he can play shooting guard in the NBA. I don't know if I believe that but if we draft him I'd use that as proof of concept. 

The only players I don't really want to draft of the guys typically projected in the top 30 are Rui Hachimura (finally figured out his comp. It's Andrew Nicholson). Bol Bol (too slow). Keldon Johnson, Herro (neither has positional size or a high level translatable skill that makes sense to bet on for our team), Jontay Porter (I don't really get why people like him even before the new injury), goga bitadze (too much like vucevic), and Tre Jones (if guys are daring you to shoot in college I just don't want that headache to deal with for the next couple years). Anyone else I'm fine with. 

Also Cam Reddish I have no idea what to do with. He was outlier level bad at literally everything on the offensive end. There's basically no successful NBA players that had similar stats as a college freshmen that I can find. He's very similar to Malachi Richardson and that's really bad.