Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

It will be interesting to see how Weltman and Hammond handle the draft and off-season this year. I feel we have come a very long way ( a good bit of thanks goes to Clifford) and a good move on their part could put us over the edge; however, a bad mistake could hamper our growth and keep us in the mediocrity hell hole we have been in since Dwight left. 

• Downvote 1

I’m thinking if we feel comfortable at point guard then maybe we should go after a combo guard with length that could defend some 3s if necessary with our switching defense. 

15 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

I’m thinking if we feel comfortable at point guard then maybe we should go after a combo guard with length that could defend some 3s if necessary with our switching defense. 

I cant imagine a conversation about the top of our board that does not include Nickeil Alexander-Walker.  Hes the kinda got you want on your squad can play either guard spot and has starter potential.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I cant imagine a conversation about the top of our board that does not include Nickeil Alexander-Walker.  Hes the kinda got you want on your squad can play either guard spot and has starter potential.

I’ve noticed he has come up on multiple mock drafts. Sounds like a great fit. 

On 2/9/2019 at 10:28 PM, Picagus6Uruguay said:

Si Garland no esta cuando nos toque elegir,me gustaria mucho ir por LITTLE. Y con nuestra 2da ronda me gustaria ir con CARSEN EDWARDS

I think CARSEN EDWARDS is a really good bet for a 2nd round!!! 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I’ve not watched him play but he sounds like a Brogdon type of a player. If so, sign me up!

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Remember when Shabazz Napier looked amazing with great numbers?

Is that his comp? Seems to be a lot better passer and quicker than Shabazz. He’s not even regarded as a second rounder right now.

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Can someone explain why Cassius Winston is not getting any draft love? He looks amazing and his numbers look great.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/cassius-winston-1.html

I do like Cassius Winston a lot too.  Was a little surprised when I read this current NBA scouting report below which does not share our opinion.  Maybe one reason I am not running an NBA team, another reason being lack of cash.  lol.

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/cassius-winston-scouting-report