Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

If we are going to be better without Vooch, I think it's going to have to come through the draft or a trade. Bamba is too weak and raw, and Birch too limited. Can we afford to wait while Bamba develops and builds up his core strength (if he can)?

On a different note, this brings up another question I have and maybe one of you knows. Was there any truth to Bamba being on the trading block? If so, that speaks volumes, to me, about how Weltman and Hammond feel about him now that they have gotten to know him better. 

Part one: it's not about being better without Vuc, it's about avoiding dead ends. Centers don't have to be significant parts of the offense to be effective. They need to set good screens, protect the rim, and get easy buckets. Paying vucevic is a stagnant move. It's time to move on and develop a team without him. If Bamba can't fill the starting role it's not very difficult to obtain a cheap stop gap who can. 

Part two: Robbins said several times pretty emphatically that the team had no interest in trading Bamba and that those rumors were coming from other teams who figured he was somewhat available with vucevic playing well. That's all we have to go off of. 

• Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Does Admiral Schofield have a place in the league?

I've been burned too many times by the 6'5-6'7 240+ lb small forward that I can't do that anymore. 

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Part one: it's not about being better without Vuc, it's about avoiding dead ends. Centers don't have to be significant parts of the offense to be effective. They need to set good screens, protect the rim, and get easy buckets. Paying vucevic is a stagnant move. It's time to move on and develop a team without him. If Bamba can't fill the starting role it's not very difficult to obtain a cheap stop gap who can. 

Part two: Robbins said several times pretty emphatically that the team had no interest in trading Bamba and that those rumors were coming from other teams who figured he was somewhat available with vucevic playing well. That's all we have to go off of. 

Appreciate the info. Personally, I am glad to hear it. I prefer that we be patient with our new players. In the past, I felt we gave up or traded guys too soon only to have it come back and bite us in the backside. I am hoping our new management team will approach things different.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Does Bol Bol or Tacko Fall?

Bol might in some capacity but Fall probably doesn’t so I think I’m missing your intent here 

4 hours ago, ML6 said:

Bol might in some capacity but Fall probably doesn’t so I think I’m missing your intent here 

Sorry had no idea who you were mentioning and just rudely threw out my opinions on a different position. Sorry. Lol proceed

Just looked at "Basketball Insiders" two round mock draft, and I have to say, what are they smoking over there? Almost all the other drafts have Bol Bol, Tre Jones, Talen Horton-Tucker, and Grant Williams in the first round; they have every single one of them in the second half of the second round - most between 50-60. 

10 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Just looked at "Basketball Insiders" two round mock draft, and I have to say, what are they smoking over there? Almost all the other drafts have Bol Bol, Tre Jones, Talen Horton-Tucker, and Grant Williams in the first round; they have every single one of them in the second half of the second round - most between 50-60. 

I'm not sure I disagree with the first 2