Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

What is Naz Reid’s range? I have seen him as a 2nd rounder if he declares and seems to fit the Weltman profile

I like him. But our front court is nice already. 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

At that point I'm just looking for a guy who can be a rotation player. I think NAW is skilled and up for playing in big moments. He can defend alright, hit threes, dribble, and pass. 

I can't see his defense holding up in the pros, at all.  He's just not strong or quick enough.  

Maybe he finds a way to remake his body.  Otherwise, he's 3 and D without the D.  

42 minutes ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

I can't see his defense holding up in the pros, at all.  He's just not strong or quick enough.  

Maybe he finds a way to remake his body.  Otherwise, he's 3 and D without the D.  

Might not be the most popular opinion on here since I think most want to get away from the WeltHam archetype, but I think Matisse Thybulle is the superior prospect to NAW. 6’5 with a 7’0 wingspan, averages 5 stocks a game (though some of that is due to playing in a zone defense), 36% from 3 over his career with some good athletic traits that make me think there’s room to grow on offense. 

I feel confident with Thybulle that he’ll be a 3 and D pretty early on in his career, with potential for more. Like you said, I think NAW will be a 3 without the D— which does have value, but not as much as Thybulle.

Just now, 3rd Quarter Collapse said:

Might not be the most popular opinion on here since I think most want to get away from the WeltHam archetype, but I think Matisse Thybulle is the superior prospect to NAW. 6’5 with a 7’0 wingspan, averages 5 stocks a game (though some of that is due to playing in a zone defense), 36% from 3 over his career with some good athletic traits that make me think there’s room to grow on offense. 

I feel confident with Thybulle that he’ll be a 3 and D pretty early on in his career, with potential for more. Like you said, I think NAW will be a 3 without the D— which does have value, but not as much as Thybulle.

I don't want to give thybulle guaranteed money but I'd trade up to 31 to take him. 

3 hours ago, Barnabas Smith said:

What is your draft philosophy? Do you prefer BPA, or drafting for position? This year, what do think is our biggest need? Center? Shooting guard?

A wing who can shoot please

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Barnabas Smith said:

What is your draft philosophy? Do you prefer BPA, or drafting for position? This year, what do think is our biggest need? Center? Shooting guard?

BPA but Power forwards and Centers wouldn't be considered, for me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barnabas Smith said:

Center?? Certainly not

The best 3 and D prospect available 

Or trade it in a package deal

• Upvote 1

I don't think we should be parsing through positions. What if Brandon Clarke is the 4th best player in the draft but falls to wherever we pick?

I'd gladly take him to give us a different look than go after a replacement level player just because he plays a position we need. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think we should be parsing through positions. What if Brandon Clarke is the 4th best player in the draft but falls to wherever we pick?

I'd gladly take him to give us a different look than go after a replacement level player just because he plays a position we need. 

I realize things will change and players will move a bit, but nbadraft.net has Clarke as a 2nd round pick. What draft site do you prefer? 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

BPA but Power forwards and Centers wouldn't be considered, for me.

Would you consider a center if Vooch left via free agency? What do you think of Mo Bamba now that we have seen him play a little bit? Do you think he will work out or should we give another guy a try?