Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

If not we still have a shot at nickeil Alexander Walker

Coming from a VT alum who's seen him play quite a bit, I've just never really been that impressed.  Nice player for sure, has skill and some feel, but the athleticism just isn't there and doesn't seem to have the frame to add much strength.  He puts up numbers and likes to facilitate for teammates, but can be too passive and often feels like the third or even fourth most important player on the team.  I don't see how he projects as anything more than a shooter off the bench, but maybe that's all you can hope for in the middle of the first.  

The Stepien has a nice (if a bit old) rundown on him here: https://www.thestepien.com/2019/01/06/draft-notes-attempting-understand-nickeil-alexander-walker/  He makes an Aaron Afflalo comp, which I can see.  

4 hours ago, Bebop Meat Mop said:

Coming from a VT alum who's seen him play quite a bit, I've just never really been that impressed.  Nice player for sure, has skill and some feel, but the athleticism just isn't there and doesn't seem to have the frame to add much strength.  He puts up numbers and likes to facilitate for teammates, but can be too passive and often feels like the third or even fourth most important player on the team.  I don't see how he projects as anything more than a shooter off the bench, but maybe that's all you can hope for in the middle of the first.  

The Stepien has a nice (if a bit old) rundown on him here: https://www.thestepien.com/2019/01/06/draft-notes-attempting-understand-nickeil-alexander-walker/  He makes an Aaron Afflalo comp, which I can see.  

At that point I'm just looking for a guy who can be a rotation player. I think NAW is skilled and up for playing in big moments. He can defend alright, hit threes, dribble, and pass. 

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

If not we still have a shot at nickeil Alexander Walker

Does he basically forecast as a 3d type? I’d love a combo guard or groomed replacement for Evan. 

So my two countries (Portugal and Angola) have never had players in the NBA but it looks like they might have 3 combined next season! 1 Portuguese (Neemias Queta) and 2 Angolan (Bruno Fernando & Silvio de Sousa)

Silvio might be famous for being suspended for two years by the NCAA because of some shady agent business.

They are all big men so it would be hard to see them playing in Orlando, but it sure would be awesome!

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

This is a great draft to be in the early teens in if you can’t be in the top 3. After Zion, Ja, RJ inevitably go top 3, I have no idea who’s going where.

Yep. And there's not a lot sperating the next 20 guys