Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Which range is that? If we make the playoffs, then we will most likely be picking in the 15-17 range; if we don't make the playoffs, then we will most likely be picking in the 11-14 range, with an outside chance of picking 1-4. I do have White in the mix with either the 11-14 or 15-17 range, just not sure if he will play himself above that range. I think there are quite a few guys in that range that might be an upgrade to our bench, just not sure there are any starters in that range. Darius Garland will probably go before then. There is some chance that  Romeo Langford, Jarrett Culver, Nassir Little, Keldon Johnson or Coby White is still available at 11. I don't see us going for De'Andre Hunter, or any of the frontcourt guys there.  If we are below that, I think we will end up picking between Kevin Porter, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Coby White, or KZ Okpala. I think there is an outside chance we go for a Tre Jones or, my personal favorite dark horse, Talen Horton-Tucker. 

I think this is going to be like 2016. Don't care so much about mock draft projections. There's going to be a top 3, a few other guys who are definite top 10, then like 30 other guys. 

Deandre Hunter isn’t really a front court player. He would be a great fit with us. I love Jarrett Culver. I very much doubt we’ll have a shot at either one of them. Nasir Little is a no. Coby White is interesting. Can he defend NBA point guards? I can’t tell if I like Romeo Langford, but I’d probably take a chance on him at 11-18. 

6 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Talen Horton-Tucker. 

4 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I saw him a bit. Cuttino Mobley type?

A 6’4” 230+ lb. SG/SF who has a 7’ wingspan, and can play some PG and some small-ball PF. He just strikes me as a very WeltHam kind of player. Super energy, tough-minded, jack of all trades. If there isn’t a clear, starter-level caliber player; then I can see him as a good utility guy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

A 6’4” 230+ lb. SG/SF who has a 7’ wingspan, and can play some PG and some small-ball PF. He just strikes me as a very WeltHam kind of player. Super energy, tough-minded, jack of all trades. If there isn’t a clear, starter-level caliber player; then I can see him as a good utility guy.

Liked what I saw of him I just question his speed  lateral quickness and acceleration.  May also just be failure from the eye test cause the dude is already super built at a young age

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:47 PM, Soul Bro said:

I’m falling for Mr. Big Hair on UNC

I like White, too. He has a nice stroke and a quick release. I hope Hammond can make an exception because he doesn't really fit their prototype. We sure could use the help at SG, and I don't think it would be too long for him to displace Fournier.

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Big O needs Big Hair!

Only if he keeps the hair... give him a bonus to keep it. It’s the hair that’ll attract the big free agents. I like the pick actually. 

• Like 1

The 2nd half of this Tenn-UK game has been Lakers-Kings level suspicious in favor of Kentucky.