Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

If fultz does not play this year and we draft a point guard first, does that tell us something about our front offices confidence in kelle’s Recovery?

No. 

For instance I think if Fultz has a full recovery the absolute best prospect we could possibly get or trade up for is Garland. Because I think he's more like prime Ben Gordon than Lillard and you can play both together. 

The other point guards don't project as starters. So I wouldn't worry about that. Tre Jones might be the best player available but is just a good backup. 

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No. 

For instance I think if Fultz has a full recovery the absolute best prospect we could possibly get or trade up for is Garland. Because I think he's more like prime Ben Gordon than Lillard and you can play both together. 

The other point guards don't project as starters. So I wouldn't worry about that. Tre Jones might be the best player available but is just a good backup. 

I think White gives you a similar prospect as Garland. Projects better as a 2 in the NBA, really good catch and shoot and potential microwave guy, plus better defensive potential

On 3/10/2019 at 12:39 AM, Jay Magic said:

i mentioned this kid pages ago..... he looks like he has something special about him man.

I haven't seen him play, but one thing that strikes me, and not in a good way. He is .385 from 3PT, but he is only .352 for all FG - which is okay if you are using him as a 3 and D kind of guy; but it makes me wonder how bad his other shot selection/finishing is that he is shooting .328 from inside the arc (2.1/6.4). 

11 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I haven't seen him play, but one thing that strikes me, and not in a good way. He is .385 from 3PT, but he is only .352 for all FG - which is okay if you are using him as a 3 and D kind of guy; but it makes me wonder how bad his other shot selection/finishing is that he is shooting .328 from inside the arc (2.1/6.4). 

Yeah that's awful

On 3/13/2019 at 11:41 AM, Tank Vogel said:

+1 for Coby White in our range

Which range is that? If we make the playoffs, then we will most likely be picking in the 15-17 range; if we don't make the playoffs, then we will most likely be picking in the 11-14 range, with an outside chance of picking 1-4. I do have White in the mix with either the 11-14 or 15-17 range, just not sure if he will play himself above that range. I think there are quite a few guys in that range that might be an upgrade to our bench, just not sure there are any starters in that range. Darius Garland will probably go before then. There is some chance that  Romeo Langford, Jarrett Culver, Nassir Little, Keldon Johnson or Coby White is still available at 11. I don't see us going for De'Andre Hunter, or any of the frontcourt guys there.  If we are below that, I think we will end up picking between Kevin Porter, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Coby White, or KZ Okpala. I think there is an outside chance we go for a Tre Jones or, my personal favorite dark horse, Talen Horton-Tucker.