Bauncey Chillups

2019 NBA Draft Thread

I will throw a name out there who declared last year but went back to college this year.  Mike Daum of South Dakota State.  Would be a second round selection as his name is not even on Tankathon in the top 60.  A definite shooter whose 3 point % is down a bit this year (career average at >40% on 6 tries per game), FT % in the mid 80's. solid rebounder.  If he is 6'9" and 235 pounds as listed he could turn into a solid role player.  He is a gamer, a gym rat, a worker on his game, constantly trying to improve.  His mom was a BB player and the story goes he had a BB in his hands at 3 y/o.  Obviously competition is an issue but he kept SDS (27 points, 5-10 from 3 point land) in the game against a good Ohio State team last year in the tournament.  With our need for shooting he might be able to help.

If we're going to be in the mid to possibly late teens I would just go with best available player irrespective of position and hope we hit on him.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

If we're going to be in the mid to possibly late teens I would just go with best available player irrespective of position and hope we hit on him.  

Nice to be talking about adding depth and drafting to be able to hit on someone.

3 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Looking more like we'll be in the 10-12 range. Langford (who is way overrated in most mocks), Keldon Johnson, Culver or Kevin Porter would be the ones I look out for.

More like 15-18 range psh

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

More like 15-18 range psh

At this rate we'll be NBA champions

On 2/12/2019 at 11:15 AM, Originalticketholder said:

I will throw a name out there who declared last year but went back to college this year.  Mike Daum of South Dakota State.  Would be a second round selection as his name is not even on Tankathon in the top 60.  A definite shooter whose 3 point % is down a bit this year (career average at >40% on 6 tries per game), FT % in the mid 80's. solid rebounder.  If he is 6'9" and 235 pounds as listed he could turn into a solid role player.  He is a gamer, a gym rat, a worker on his game, constantly trying to improve.  His mom was a BB player and the story goes he had a BB in his hands at 3 y/o.  Obviously competition is an issue but he kept SDS (27 points, 5-10 from 3 point land) in the game against a good Ohio State team last year in the tournament.  With our need for shooting he might be able to help.

Saw him on sports center the other day. Looks like more publicity will get him drafted.

I forgot that you get bumped out of the lottery if you make the playoffs regardless of record. So yeah, 15ish is more appropriate. I think only Kevin Porter is the only guy from the ones I listed above who might be in that range.