Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic @ bucks

This might be the worst loss of the season. 

Charlotte sucked but at least the team played 30 minutes of fantastic defense only to suck on offense. They looked like a team that has an identity only to have everyone miss shots they normally make. 

This is just sloppy. They're playing like they haven't slept in 30 hours. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This might be the worst loss of the season. 

Charlotte sucked but at least the team played 30 minutes of fantastic defense only to suck on offense. They looked like a team that has an identity only to have everyone miss shots they normally make. 

This is just sloppy. They're playing like they haven't slept in 30 hours. 

I can't argue with any of that.  Wish I could.

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

It's what happens with players who get used to too much losing.  Most of our starters have been with the team for multiple years.  The losing culture thing that some of us were concerned about 6 years ago is for real.

But we're the only team that plays like this other than maybe (edit I meant Phoenix, don't know why I said Philly) Sacramento is untalented with broken rotations but they play hard. Grant was part of a rotation of a team that went on a big winning streak last year by just playing hard. Ross spent several years winning. Simmons is known for toughness and effort from a winning franchise. Isaac hasn't played long enough to be hit by that culture. Bamba is a rookie. How are they playing the same way when they haven't been brought up through this? Every person the players interact with was brought on in the last 18 months. How can losing culture be the answer?

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

But we're the only team that plays like this other than maybe (edit I meant Phoenix, don't know why I said Philly) Sacramento is untalented with broken rotations but they play hard. Grant was part of a rotation of a team that went on a big winning streak last year by just playing hard. Ross spent several years winning. Simmons is known for toughness and effort from a winning franchise. Isaac hasn't played long enough to be hit by that culture. Bamba is a rookie. How are they playing the same way when they haven't been brought up through this? Every person the players interact with was brought on in the last 18 months. How can losing culture be the answer?

Because the starters set the tone for the whole team.

Honestly, the next time the team comes out like this we should just start briscoe, Frazier, Martin, and Birch. They might suck but at least they play hard

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Honestly, the next time the team comes out like this we should just start briscoe, Frazier, Martin, and Birch. They might suck but at least they play hard

THIS ^^^. And I am concerned about bamba. His lack of effort was glaring tonight. He had the same questions in college maybe they were right. 

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

+1 from me

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Two reflections that discourage me:

- Do we have an alpha dog? 

- Do we have consistent two-way players? 

The answer is no to both. 

1. Augustin - A career backup who is limited on both ends

2. Fournier - A slow footed shooter who struggles on defense 

3. Isaac - A very raw offensive player who has natural defensive ability 

4. Gordon - A raw offensive player who also has natural defensive ability 

5. Vooch - A slow footed but gifted offensive big who struggles on defense 

Then our bench is either inconsistent or leans heavily towards defense. We need players that are more balanced and we need an alpha leader. 

Edit: To say I’m frustrated by Gordon tonight would be a grand understatement.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Fournier and Vuch maybe? Could they be the root cause of the “losing culture”. 

Disclaimer im not convinced that’s a thing. Maybe it is maybe it isn’t. To me we are and have been a team that just isn’t good. We have inconsistent scorers and have had inconsistent scorers for years so there’s just some ugly games.