Sign in to follow this  
DirtDan2012

Magic @ Boston Celtics

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Same here.

The Celtics looked awful. Maybe our defense was what made them look awful. Who knows with this team?

I'm just glad Isaac showed out and hit the dagger. I'm watching for player development. Wins or Losses don't matter to me right now

They have a really bad offense for a team with so many offensive weapons. 

They win games exactly like we do. Keep it close the entire game by playing fantastic defense. Win games by superior execution plus Kyrie bailing them out. We just played excellent defense when they tried to win the game. 

The main difference between us and them (from an effectiveness standpoint, not from a talent standpoint) is a guy like Kyrie that can enforce his will offensively on a game. 

Credit where credit is due -- Vooch has been phenomenal the past 2 games.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Credit where credit is due -- Vooch has been phenomenal the past 2 games.

This version of vucevic is up there with towns or jokic. It's definitely not sustainable and it's not right to take the stats of two games and compare it to the elite's averages but we're here in the moment so let's have fun with it.

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Good win. JI looked good. Vuch was real solid. Nice if he be consistent.

Anyone see Clifford lay into AG? He did it the right way too. 

Everyone saw it and it's exactly what Gordon needs to become the player we hope he can be. 

Gordon's main problem is he's talented enough to be our first option on offense but not talented enough to demand shot quotas. Last night, for better or worse, Gordon didn't touch the ball for something like 7 consecutive possessions. A few times he had Kyrie or brown on him in the post. Augustin missed that he was open on a couple cuts. 

So he got frustrated and the next time he touched the ball he jacked up a three and over the next several plays made a couple bad decisions. Clifford yelled at him. Gordon made better decisions for the rest of the game and turned what last year would have been a 19 point 7-18 shooting game into an efficient 13 points on 5-11 shooting. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but maybe Clifford is finally using Vuc the right way. Clifford will make AG better! It still appears thus far that point guard is our weakness. Rosier didn’t look very good last night. I wonder who we have on radar.

Clifford is forcing players to be held accountable and it’s something we haven’t had in Orlando since Stan. Maybe a little bit with Skiles but this is exactly what was needed. The nights of just coasting and going through the motions with no repercussions look to be behind us. 

It weird I still have no explanation for what happened against Charlotte other than it’s Charlotte and they own us. But other than that game I’ve been entirely impressed with how we’ve looked. Not sure Vuch can keep up this level of play but maybe a coach like Clifford is what he needed too. Or maybe the drafting of Bamba lit a small fire under Vuchs a**. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Everyone saw it and it's exactly what Gordon needs to become the player we hope he can be. 

Gordon's main problem is he's talented enough to be our first option on offense but not talented enough to demand shot quotas. Last night, for better or worse, Gordon didn't touch the ball for something like 7 consecutive possessions. A few times he had Kyrie or brown on him in the post. Augustin missed that he was open on a couple cuts. 

So he got frustrated and the next time he touched the ball he jacked up a three and over the next several plays made a couple bad decisions. Clifford yelled at him. Gordon made better decisions for the rest of the game and turned what last year would have been a 19 point 7-18 shooting game into an efficient 13 points on 5-11 shooting. 

I missed it...Is there a video floating around on twitter?

5 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes these guys need someone who is going to hold them accountable.  But Clifford seems to do it in the right way .

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

They have a really bad offense for a team with so many offensive weapons. 

They win games exactly like we do. Keep it close the entire game by playing fantastic defense. Win games by superior execution plus Kyrie bailing them out. We just played excellent defense when they tried to win the game. 

The main difference between us and them (from an effectiveness standpoint, not from a talent standpoint) is a guy like Kyrie that can enforce his will offensively on a game. 

Isaac did a fantastic job on Tatum as well holding him to just 7 points.  He had double digit scoring in their first three games