Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Magic vs hornets

4 minutes ago, MaGiCmAn0302 said:

What is it about Charlotte that makes the Magic look utter garbage 

Their Guard play.... That's why they've dominated us for the last 3 to 4 years.

I think part of our problem is when the offense isn’t working all the guys go iso and take mid range jumpers. Gotta go inside. Also, refs always let Charlotte shoot about 15-20 more free throws than us. Put them in a position to make tough calls

The basic fundamentals of basketball are currently a struggle now for the last nine minutes of the quarter.  The Magic are not getting to the line, traveling with the ball, not moving off ball, and in a scoring drought.  

I'm going to be harsh now.  Playoff teams don't struggle to score more than ten points in a quarter by their own fault.    The magic haven't been dealing with an impressive defense from Charlotte.  They're struggling on their own.  While I've seen teams effortlessly score 40 in a quarter, this team has built a culture off have single digit quarters. Its obvious what direction this needs to go.  

The most enjoyable thing I've seen thus far is the Magic's ability to have multiple blocks but they aren't iq blocks.  These are blocks and deflections towards teammates hands for immediate possessions.  These type of blocks also deny those immediate offensive rebounds and second change points.  

We have been suffering with our lack of elite 1 and 2 guard possessions.  They aren't even general talent.  Our guards, Fournier or DJ Augustine, don't strike fear in anyone.  They definitely aren't Tatum/Kyrie or Paul/Harden.  Hell, they aren't rubio/mitchell.   Oladipo/Collison strikes more fear.  Redick/Simmons strikes more fear.  Ok...looking around the league, the Magic probably have the least intimidating back court..in the NBA...........