Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

Gamethread: Magic vs Heat - SEASON PREMIERE

I think in time our starters will prove to be Grant, Fournier and BIG with a second unit of DJ, Ross, Simmons, Isaac, Vucevic. That puts pretty good balance in both lineups. I’m all for AG and JI splitting the backup 4 minutes instead of running Bamba with Vucevic and splitting the C minutes 24/24 or maybe 28/20 in favor of Mo.

also, who watched Kemba last night?! Holy smokes, if we could find a way to get him we got a stew goin.

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I dunno. It's not smart to make decisions off of one game

Agreed.  The season is a marathon.  It's not smart to put Bamba in a starters role so early, he will hit a wall come January.  Take it slow.  Nik isn't a bad player and will carry the tide until Bamba can handle an NBA season.

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Gordon played all but 2 minutes and 46 seconds in the second half. With 4 minutes and 44 seconds left in the game he skied for an offensive rebound walked to the corner, doubled over and called for a timeout. 63 seconds later we called another timeout to get him some rest without taking him out of the game. He was gassed. Saying he shouldn't be tired is dumb macho bs and completely discredits the fact he took no plays off last night. You want him to finish games with more energy, expect him to play crappy defense. 

Yup. Playing hard on both sides of the court for a full game is really difficult even in a park setting, I cant imagine the NBA. Occasionally you'll get the sloppy play or two. There's definitely nothing to complain about from Gordon's game last night, dude was everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Agreed.  The season is a marathon.  It's not smart to put Bamba in a starters role so early, he will hit a wall come January.  Take it slow.  Nik isn't a bad player and will carry the tide until Bamba can handle an NBA season.

Plus 10 days ago members here thought Grant should be cut or is "the new duhon" now he's the obvious starter. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Plus 10 days ago members here thought Grant should be cut or is "the new duhon" now he's the obvious starter. 

This lol. I still think Briscoe has more potential

61% at the FT line

28% from 3 (15% if you take out Gordon’s 4/5)

still got the W but a ton of room to improve.

also, only 12 turnovers which is a great change. Vucevic and Gordon combined for 8 of the 12

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

That's a different brand of insanity.

I like how Gordon could easily now surpass Andrew Wiggins.  I remember going nuts for wanting Wiggins but knew that if Gordon could somehow learn to dribble and shoot, he'd have the highest ceiling of all. 

Gordon is the gem of that draft class now. 

Just now, ~O~ said:

I like how Gordon could easily now surpass Andrew Wiggins.  I remember going nuts for wanting Wiggins but knew that if Gordon could somehow learn to dribble and shoot, he'd have the highest ceiling of all. 

Embiid and Jokic but he's got a good argument for third

13 minutes ago, ~O~ said:

Not quite, but he's holding down his draft position for sure, which is a win for our drafting tbh. 

I do not see Justin Jackson listed on the Lakeland magic roster.  I read he was offered a base contract of $35,000, not even a 2 way contract of $385,000.  Anybody heard anything?  Wasted pick? Oh and Keita Bates-Diop (drafted 4-5 picks after Jackson and who I still cannot believe we did not draft) made the Minnesota roster.  

47 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I do not see Justin Jackson listed on the Lakeland magic roster.  I read he was offered a base contract of $35,000, not even a 2 way contract of $385,000.  Anybody heard anything?  Wasted pick? Oh and Keita Bates-Diop (drafted 4-5 picks after Jackson and who I still cannot believe we did not draft) made the Minnesota roster.  

He's a domestic draft and stash. 

He's not listed on lakeland's roster because the roster doesn't exist yet. Check back on Monday