The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

This Magic needs to reverse the negative impact of culture here.  This should start with not being owned by a team that has been in and mostly out of the playoffs for the past 5 years.  The Charlotte Hornets should not be dominating the Magic like they've been.  

Its another step forward to become mentally resilient against these type of patterns.  I hope the squad comes out with fritos on their shoulders.  

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So... About that Jimmy Butler trade...

Butler, Kemba, Rozier... anybody that stops allowing us to get blown out at home. Really don’t know why fans bother with how often it happens nowadays

Just now, alwaystragic said:

do you guys think isaac can be a core part of the team in the future (talent wise) as gordon and bamba should likely be? 

He's played 32 minutes this season. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

So... About that Jimmy Butler trade...

You thinking Fournier plus a  first.  I would not part with Isaac, Gordon, or Bamba.  Everything else is OK including taking Dieng.  Tonight proves we need a star or it will be a 2-3 year rebuild.

5 minutes ago, Catalina Maria said:

The Vuc/Fournier starting tandem is draining us. 

Can we get Butler by somehow getting rid of these two killjoys?

Vuc Fournier had issues but the problems go beyond them. If you replaced this Fournier with Tim hardaway Jr or Will Barton or Eric Gordon or last year's Fournier (basically a reliable scorer who can create a bit by himself) I think we'd be fine. 

But it's not like we can just subtract him, plug in Ross and be fine. We need that scorer we can run off screens if we need a bucket here and there. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Vuc Fournier had issues but the problems go beyond them. If you replaced this Fournier with Tim hardaway Jr or Will Barton or Eric Gordon or last year's Fournier (basically a reliable scorer who can create a bit by himself) I think we'd be fine. 

But it's not like we can just subtract him, plug in Ross and be fine. We need that scorer we can run off screens if we need a bucket here and there.   

Due to our youth I figured we would have ups and downs in this season.  But, I would say most of us, after the Miami game,  did not expect to see this performance tonight.  Not sure what Fournier did to get ready for the season but . so far, it ain't working.  Our starting shooting guard  has had two terrible shooting games, AT HOME.  A shooting guard being able to shoot, I would think, would be one of Clifford's accountability measurements.  Will be interesting to watch.