The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

If Meeks lights us up because of OG going down I'm going to be upset, but not surprised. When Meeks gets hot he's dangerous

23 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Gordon is better than most of the players you listed though. 

Yes, but not by much. 

The hypothetical scenario talked about gordon (4th pick) or a lower pick with a starter in a trade (for example lavine) 

Gordon is good. But he is not an all star nor he has shown that he is capable of being the #1 weapon of the team. As a top 5 pick, you could expect that

1 minute ago, alwaystragic said:

Yes, but not by much. 

The hypothetical scenario talked about gordon (4th pick) or a lower pick with a starter in a trade (for example lavine) 

Gordon is good. But he is not an all star nor he has shown that he is capable of being the #1 weapon of the team. As a top 5 pick, you could expect that

The median return for the 4th pick in the draft over the past 15 drafts is like Tristan Thompson. 

5 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

He traded who at the moment was a perennial all star and 2 time Dpoy for some guys, and one of them became all star after 6 seasons. 

Nonetheless, he didn’t trade for Bynum and he had little to no leverage. Also traded AA for Fornier. I’m not defending the guy but things didn’t get really f’d up until Martens sped up the timetable 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The median return for the 4th pick in the draft over the past 15 drafts is like Tristan Thompson. 

I think it is a better player than Tristan 

dont forget Paul, Westbrook, Porzingis

anyway, the whole point was that drafting him cannot qualify as a great decision because he has not panned out as a great player yet and because we could have probably fared better with a lower pick and another starter 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Nonetheless, he didn’t trade for Bynum and he had little to no leverage. Also traded AA for Fornier. I’m not defending the guy but things didn’t get really f’d up until Martens sped up the timetable 

Then he extended Fournier with a big contract while gifting oladipo AND #11 to okc

he set us back for many years 

the ross trade was his only great deal 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, alwaystragic said:

I think it is a better player than Tristan 

dont forget Paul, Westbrook, Porzingis

anyway, the whole point was that drafting him cannot qualify as a great decision because he has not panned out as a great player yet and because we could have probably fared better with a lower pick and another starter 

I disagree

9 hours ago, ChuckTaylor626 said:

Nice! He knows he's going to take some flack, but I am glad to see someone willing to stick their neck out and support the underdog. 

p.s. Thanks Jay Magic for putting up all the Magic related Tweets, etc.! It really nice for us to have all this stuff in one place. Appreciate it!!!

No worries. I'll keep sharing as much as possible