The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Yeah so Harper’s just a troll. Just got home and started listening to the XM show he recorded earlier, and his first Magic-related comment is: “Don’t you feel bad for the Magic? Now they’re going to pay to keep this team together.”  That was before even introducing the win or anything. They moved onto something else.

I can’t fast forward this particular episode so maybe he’s complimentary later on but the dude is just kind of a broken record of cynicism. 

24 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Yeah so Harper’s just a troll. Just got home and started listening to the XM show he recorded earlier, and his first Magic-related comment is: “Don’t you feel bad for the Magic? Now they’re going to pay to keep this team together.”  That was before even introducing the win or anything. They moved onto something else.

I can’t fast forward this particular episode so maybe he’s complimentary later on but the dude is just kind of a broken record of cynicism. 

He's a Minnesota fan and just projecting his own unhappiness

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

We underachieved last year when dj-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Vuc +Ross missed 194 games

We overachieved this year when the above players missed 14 games. 

We shouldn't have the same injury luck next year. 

So we'll probably be better and win more of those games we dropped earlier. But we'll also lose more games due to injury.

If Fultz is ok and we keep Ross but not vucevic and our first round pick can actually contribute as quality depth I think we can get back to 42 wins if we're talking about 50 games lost to injury and not 120. 

This is probably as close as anyone can speculate at this point.  You would think we would have Bamba all year, Isaac will be even better and Fultz will be an upgrade, maybe even a spectacular one.  I happen to think Gordon will be a big beneficiary of a better PG outlook.  If we resign both Vuc and Ross (seems improbable) we have more needed depth to offset those injuries.  Will have to wait for free agency to unfold before we know for sure.  But I still love our future.

17 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

This is probably as close as anyone can speculate at this point.  You would think we would have Bamba all year, Isaac will be even better and Fultz will be an upgrade, maybe even a spectacular one.  I happen to think Gordon will be a big beneficiary of a better PG outlook.  If we resign both Vuc and Ross (seems improbable) we have more needed depth to offset those injuries.  Will have to wait for free agency to unfold before we know for sure.  But I still love our future.

We will probably sacrifice a higher floor for a higher ceiling. If we let Vooch walk but re-sign Birch, a center rotation of Birch and a hopefully-stronger Bamba could be sufficient.

IMO our young core has the highest ceiling in the NBA. Gordon, Isaac, Bamba, Fultz, Iwundu, and whoever we take with our 1st is the only young core in the league with elite 2 way potential.

With that being said, our floor is also very, very low. But I trust our new developmental staff and Coach Cliff to help the young guys reach their potential

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's a good visualization of our seeding possibilities. Lot of 7 seeds. Many scenarios where we move up to 6. Very few 8 seed scenarios. 

Edit: here's the actual breakdown

64 outcomes. 
The magic are the 7th seed in 40
The magic are the 6th seed in 20
The magic are the 8th seed in 4.

Are you all gonna watch the Fox Sports or ESPN broadcast of the last game? I was thinking Fox then ESPN(they put one up after on ESPN3 that seem to have a lot of the commercials edited out), but I may not be in the mood to watch again if it's an L, so I might just go with ESPN first since it's the only one, see what they say.

8 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Read a comment that said game 3 was already sold out

yeah. I couldn't get any ticket for myself. Almost sold out for game 4. Im sure it will be all gone next week.

19 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

yeah. I couldn't get any ticket for myself. Almost sold out for game 4. Im sure it will be all gone next week.

Amway is going to be rocking

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

This team will be remembered for a lot ..trust me

I knew it.  It had to be.  Out of the thousand of Magic games I've watched, we've never been flawless on the line........in a game of that level.....in any season.  Even when the Magic had a great team with Dwight Hedo Lewis.  

Things have changed.