The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

Two thoughts:

1) If we do play Toronto, I am super excited for the larger basketball community to get to see Isaac defend Siakim and Gordon defend Kawhi.  Isaac's matchup numbers with Siakim are borderline absurd -- he completely removes him from the game.

2) MCW is totally going to have some sort of sequence where he gets a steal into alley oop followed by huge rebound into a transition pass for 3.  Hopefully it happens at home.  The roof is going to blow off the place for hustle plays like that and he's the guy to do it.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sumike4ya said:

Dangit

ill be in Ft Laud Friday- Sunday 

may have to resell, but couldn’t pass up

Yeah. If we play Toronto it's almost definite we play on Friday. Thursday is considered "prime time". If we play Philly there's a pretty good chance we get all the best Eastern conference slots because Philly is probably the number one draw of casual fans based on the current makeup of the conference

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So last year

Miami-Philly went Saturday Monday Thursday Saturday

Washington Toronto went Saturday Tuesday Friday Sunday

Milwaukee Boston went Sunday Tuesday Friday Sunday

Indiana Cleveland went Sunday Wednesday Friday Sunday

So, the series will either start this Saturday or Sunday? Sweet!

I have been down on Fournier all season but, welcome back, Evan.  Just in time.  Picking the perfect time to play his best ball of the season.  If Ross and Fournier keep playing like this we are competitive no matter who we play.  Last night they showed a stat that since December (somtime?) we have had the 4th best record (I think it was in the East).  And, obviously we are hot right now.  Would love to beat Charlotte, who if they beat Cleveland (I think yes because Cavs ARE tanking) it will be a meaningful game for Charlotte.  And if we beat Charlotte we are 6th or 7th.  Of course I could see resting the players to avoid injury.  Intersting dilemma

Anybody hear anything on JI's injury?

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah. If we play Toronto it's almost definite we play on Friday. Thursday is considered "prime time". If we play Philly there's a pretty good chance we get all the best Eastern conference slots because Philly is probably the number one draw of casual fans based on the current makeup of the conference

I thought the playoffs didn't start until Saturday?

Edit: Or I guess you're talking about the week after.

Has anyone seen the newest ESPN Power Rankings? We come in at 14...here is what they say

The Magic secured an East playoff spot for the first time since 2012 behind nine wins in their past 11 games. It's a huge milestone for a young squad in what was theoretically a rebuilding season. -- Snellings

That's literally all they wrote. EVERY OTHER TEAM got like 3-4 sentences diving into their team. We get 2 sentences. If I'm the team, I'm disrespected by that. 

6 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Has anyone seen the newest ESPN Power Rankings? We come in at 14...here is what they say

That's literally all they wrote. EVERY OTHER TEAM got like 3-4 sentences diving into their team. We get 2 sentences. If I'm the team, I'm disrespected by that. 

Eh. You're reaching. 

16 minutes ago, jjgator said:

I thought the playoffs didn't start until Saturday?

Edit: Or I guess you're talking about the week after.

I'm taking the home games