The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Once we make the playoffs I'm really gonna need to reign in a lot of poster's expectations.

Especially if we play Milwaukee

By reign in, you mean guarantee 4 game sweeps to our first championship, right?

15 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Once we make the playoffs I'm really gonna need to reign in a lot of poster's expectations.

Why not us, why not now? Seriously though a home win or two would be great. We could upset Philly though

3 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Why not us, why not now? Seriously though a home win or two would be great. We could upset Philly though

Agreed. That team has so much bust potential

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Agreed. That team has so much bust potential

I agree. I think they're like the Celtics. Too many pieces that need the ball. They pushed all their chips in for one season. I will be surprised if they get bounced in the first round...I will not be surprised if they lose in the second. 

17 minutes ago, magicblue said:

Yeah Philly is possible. It'd be disappointing if we only won one game that they didn't show up and got blown out a few games. If we lose in 5 we need most of them to go down to the wire. 

Milwaukee is a historically great team though. Their regular season numbers are comparable to the 2000 Lakers, the 91 bulls, etc. If we upset them it would be the greatest NBA upset in 25 years. They should sweep us and none of the games should be close. 

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

LOL! Some may disagree, but I don't think we are playing our best basketball right now. Yes, we are finding ways to win some games, but it's not in the fashion from several weeks ago where we really held our own. Our guys are tired and it shows. They know it, so hopefully they can come with the energy. Otherwise,  we just might end up getting blown out. With all their injuries, I hope we don't take Atlanta for granted. Our guys are showing some great maturity this year. However, sometimes in situations like this, a team will step up and take the other team by surprise. 

Our guys are tired because we actually play defense, we have to in order to compete, and every game has mattered for the last several weeks. Defense will win championships again imo, this GS thing won’t last forever 

Just now, magicblue said:

Our guys are tired because we play defense, because we have to in order to compete, and every game has mattered for the last several weeks. Defense will win championships again imo, this GS thing won’t last forever 

I mean, Golden State has been an elite defense every year. The years they aren't they end up back at that level once they make the playoffs

1 minute ago, magicblue said:

Our guys are tired because we play defense, because we have to in order to compete, and every game has mattered for the last several weeks. Defense will win championships again imo, this GS thing won’t last forever 

GS is/has been a good defense though....

9 minutes ago, Barnabas Smith said:

LOL! Some may disagree, but I don't think we are playing our best basketball right now. Yes, we are finding ways to win some games, but it's not in the fashion from several weeks ago where we really held our own. Our guys are tired and it shows. They know it, so hopefully they can come with the energy. Otherwise,  we just might end up getting blown out. With all their injuries, I hope we don't take Atlanta for granted. Our guys are showing some great maturity this year. However, sometimes in situations like this, a team will step up and take the other team by surprise. 

Specifically to this post. Our guys have to know how important this game is. I would be shocked if we didn’t come to play tonight 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean, Golden State has been an elite defense every year. The years they aren't they end up back at that level once they make the playoffs

Not arguing that. They have elite players at every position and of course they defend, especially when it matters. But more importantly they are also elite offensively, I mean no team in history has ever had the fire power of the Warriors. My point is there will come a time where great defense will not automatically be negated by 4 all stars on a single team. 

At the end of the day honestly, this is all about the baked in cultural development of BIG MF. them feeling the pressure of playoff basketball and the say to day focus and demand. This is all still about developing those players, DJ, vuc, and Fournier have been great but management isnt learning anything about those guys in the post season