The Neighborhood Bully

2018-19 Official Season Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I've been trying to find Matt Moore's bc I think he picked the under on like 24 wins or something lmao

EDIT: Found it, I guess it was 31.  But he suggests it would've been a toss up at 26.5.

I’m sorry, at 26.5, in the Kings zone? This would at least be down in the toss-up category. But at 31?

I’m supposed to believe a first-year head coach, a core built around a combo-forward with no discernible elite talent outside of being a top-five dunk contest guy of all time, and a 31-year-old point guard is getting to 30-plus wins?

Yeah. 31 was Vegas' line. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He really doesn't like our team. 

Still. 

Yeah, he also doesn't adjust his opinion even when provided with ample context in my experience.  I recall you, myself, and him getting into it a couple months ago and he just spouted his same BS about how he doesn't care that we were winning & playing better because we were still x games under .500 or something.

I really should have put money on the over. It was the easiest thing to predict ever. 

I was just afraid some struggles would lead to the roster being blown up but we were a 35 win team last year if we didn't miss so many games from key guys. 

Just now, ML6 said:

Yeah, he also doesn't adjust his opinion even when provided with ample context is my experience.  I recall you, myself, and him getting into it a couple months ago and he just spouted his same BS about how he doesn't care that we were winning & playing better because we were still x games under .500 or something.

Yeah. February 25th. 

If we end up missing the playoffs, I think we can point to several games but you'd really like to get those first couple games after the all star break back.

Home against Chicago and Away against New York. Those were crucial dropped games. 

But I like our chances to finish out the season on a win-streak. Atlanta is going to be tricky though, they've played really good ball the second half of the season. 

So if we win tonight and the Pistons lose @ Oklahoma we're gonna be 6th in the east.. How scary is that?

And Brooklyn plays @ Milkwakee tomorrow so we may even hold that seed for a couple of days :p

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

If we end up missing the playoffs, I think we can point to several games but you'd really like to get those first couple games after the all star break back.

Home against Chicago and Away against New York. Those were crucial dropped games. 

But I like our chances to finish out the season on a win-streak. Atlanta is going to be tricky though, they've played really good ball the second half of the season. 

Nah, those games are fine. 

What killed us was the stretch from the end of November to the end of January where we went from a 9 and 8 team to a 20-31 team. 

It's forgivable to exhale and drop a game in the middle of a long winning streak. It's not forgivable to lose to Phoenix at home in overtime when you've lost 6 of 8. 

3 minutes ago, Imago said:

So if we win tonight and the Pistons lose @ Oklahoma we're gonna be 6th in the east.. How scary is that?

And Brooklyn plays @ Milkwakee tomorrow so we may even hold that seed for a couple of days :p

What's even scarier is if you compare East vs West. A 40-40 record is good enough to already be eliminated (ala Sacramento Kings)

I never cease to be amazed at the difference between East and West. 

4 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah, those games are fine. 

What killed us was the stretch from the end of November to the end of January where we went from a 9 and 8 team to a 20-31 team. 

It's forgivable to exhale and drop a game in the middle of a long winning streak. It's not forgivable to lose to Phoenix at home in overtime when you've lost 6 of 8. 

Yeah, makes sense. I guess I'm just thinking of little games we dropped post-All Star that make a difference when you're in a tight race. Looking back at the season schedule...December and January sucked haha

With the Bucks and the Raps locking in their spots it could hurt us with any predicted help from them if they rest their starters. With Boston and Indiana in a deadlock both will be playing hard. We get Boston and the Nets get Indiana. The Wolves, who have nothing to play for will hopefully kick Miami's butt as a spoiler tonight.

Towards the end of the season when we predict "tough games" for teams we are competing with we need to keep in mind that the better teams may have locked up their spot and have nothing to play for against a team that desperately needs the win. Thankfully Philly has something to play for tonight against Miami. The ball is in our court, we just need to take care of our own business.

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

With the Bucks and the Raps locking in their spots it could hurt us with any help from them if they rest their starters. With Boston and Indiana in a deadlock both will be playing hard. We get Boston and the Nets get Indiana. The Wolves, who have nothing to play will hopefully kick Miami's butt as a spoiler tonight.

The good news is Toronto's bench is good enough to beat some teams and Milwaukee doesn't play the heat

• Upvote 1